Daily, weekly, and monthly comparisons

I am looking for some suggestions as I have become overwhelmed digging into it all.

I am wanting to create a dashboard that allows me to view a comparison of energy usage, running time, water usage and so on different time scales. I am struggling with how I should be approach it with influxDB, long term statistics, or something else completely.

Any guidance on what the best path in 2023 is would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Whilst no expert on influxDB, and using just the regular setup of HA on a RPi, I set up custom dashboards for both electricity and gas (or what I call “at a glance” dashboards) using specific custom sensors and Meter Helpers. I created two utility meter sensors using ESP32 boards, one uses a pulsed LED on the electric meter, and the other notes the rotations of an analog dial on my ‘dumb’ gas meter. These wirelessly transmit their data to HA.

The Utility Meter Helpers are very useful for logging time periods of consumption (see here for docs), however, I had to set up new ‘sensors’ to convert my gas consumption from ft3 into kWh, and then also applied a cost to this too.

Example of my gas dashboard below…

Example of my electricity dashboard below…

Please note that these are in addition to the regular Energy Dashboard used in HA

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mike.

1 Like