Danfoss Ally eTRV entities

Hello,

You can include more than one entities in the automation. What i suggest is: copy the automation code from above, and go Settings->Automations & Scenes->Create Automation and select Create New Automation. The Automation editor UI will open but on the upper right side click the 3 dots and select: Edit In Yaml.

Paste the code there, and now go again to the 3 dots and select: Edit in Visual Editor.

You should now see 4 triggers and 1 choose action with 4 options. In each option a service is called to set the temperature to spesific value. You will see a bubble saying ā€œliving_room_heater_thermostatā€ (this is from my code but yours can be named differently. Just delete it all and select your thermostats. You can add as many as you want there.

If you have more than one, when the automation will trigger, all the selected thermostats will change temperature at once.

You mentioned that you are a beginner but i would definately suggest to play a bit with the automations as you will learn very quickly how it worksā€¦ There are tons of things you can do in automations using conditions or If/then actions.

For example, if you have presence sensors in your rooms you can apply a logic to raise the temperature only in the rooms that are occupied. The logic would be:

When the time is 22:00 (trigger), if presence in the living room is detected (condition), then set temperature to 24 degrees. Else, set temperature to 20 degrees.

In the above we used the time as a trigger with presense as condition but nothing is stopping us to use presense as a trigger instead of time. Lets say you set temperature to stable 20 degrees and when you enter the room (presense is now the trigger) it can raise to 24 degrees.

Really, sky is the limit!

1 Like

Thank you very much! I`ll try it today :slight_smile:

Hi, weā€™ve just installed a single danfoss (hive)trv to replace a broken one, but weā€™re not ready to use it to control the heating yet, were doing a refurb and that will come later but threw on the danfoss because we had them waiting.

Our heating is controlled through a nest at present (also in HA).

But my issue is I canā€™t get the current temp from the TRV to display on my room heating cards, when it asks for entiry I only have three options HVAC action, battery state and temp offset.

But the thermostat card shows the current and target temp and I can pull my nest current temp no probs.

So what am I doing wrong? Iā€™m obviously missing something because the data/sensor is there.
Thnks

Hello, i too dont have the temperature as a separate sensor in home assistant. It only appears in the thermostat card (both current and target).

I think however, that if you select the area of the thermostat in the area card it will expose the temperature but i am not sure. Please try.

For me, i set the target temperature in automations and i use the thermostat card to display the current temperature.

Recently i added a temperature and humidity sensor via esphome and replaced the build in temperature sensorā€¦