Danfoss Ally thermostat: firmware archive [v1.28, v1.20, v1.18, v1.08] & specifications [zha] [deconz] [zigbee2mqtt]

I agree, with @BikingViking that my devices must have come with 1.12 pre-installed. This is the most reasonable explanation.

I did some changes to my setup:

• Changed Zigbee-Channel from 25 to 11 and also switched my 2.4 ghz wifi from lower channels to upper channels.
  • exchanged my CC2652P stick with a conbee 2

With this I did not encounter any issues with the Danfoss Allys so far. But since this setup has only been running for a few hours it’s quite early to relax…

2 Likes

Very glad to hear. I wish it wasn’t such a wild west with what stick you use.

Crossing my fingers it will remain functional.

Now it’s time for you to tinker with automations!

Hey amigos, you are mentioning v1.12 or 1.13 in your recent posts.

I can still only find v1.08 for download.

Can you please share the link/ resource where you downloaded latest version.
I am not using their app or bridge at all.

Thanks in advance

I don’t think it’s publicly available yet. It appears some newer devices ship with it, and maybe you can update to it through their own bridge, but their website only has the 1.08 version listed.

@atus wrote them some days ago requesting a copy, but I don’t know what the output was from that.

With that said, I don’t know what the improvement would be with 1.12, so until I know that, I am not in a hurry. :slight_smile:

I was using Danfoss’ own bridge until last week, and 1.08 was indeed the latest available there too. (I remember it automatically suggested a firmware update shortly after buying the set last November, which probably upgraded my TRVs to 1.08 back then.)

Fair enough!

I just spoke to the Danish customer support. Very friendly. Here is the explanation: There is no functional difference between 1.08 and 1.12. They only changed some debug options to allow their factory to test something so they didn’t publish it.
A new version is coming out soon, mid November and the support person said that would be published.

P.S. don’t even try with Norwegian Danfoss support, no reply to email for 2 weeks and on the phone they were just dismissing me to go talk to a technician because they don’t deal with private persons.

3 Likes

Good info, let’s see what the next one brings!

So is it possible to set_hvac_mode on these or not? Do the FW upgrades help with this?

I just discovered that you can set the external window sensor of your Ally TVR using deconz.configure:

- service: deconz.configure
      data:
        entity: climate.YOUR_DANFOSS_ALLY
        field: /config
        data:
          externalwindowopen: true

This will take ~5-20s to react, but it does indeed switch my TVR off. Calling the service with false makes it turn back on again!

Also make sure you have the window open detection set to true:
screenshot_2021-10-18-124523

3 Likes

Just a small clarification about how to parse firmware numbers – found in Zigbee docs PDF:

firmware number parsing

is this picture from deconz ? image
if yes - how to do ?
I dont find attributes in node info

Mine is keeping very hard to go with the set temp 22.5. Any suggestion how to tweak it? running 1.18 and have external temp sensor, and set covered to true.

1 Like

Hi @massaquah ,
is your setup working good?
I am having the same issue (HA doesn’t set the target temperature on devices) using a zigbee dongle from Itead and ZHA.

Thanks!

I solved it by replacing all my thermostats with Tado, saying goodbye to my ambition to run all my smart home equipment via Zigbee.

My POPP TRVs updated to firmware 1.20, I guess the same will be the same for Danfoss/Hive etc. Has anyone seen any release notes for this and the cluster specification?

Not shown yet on files.danfoss.com - /download/Heating/Ally/ .

Looks like they took down the files. The URL is no longer working for me.

You can check GitHub - SimpleUserHA/DanfosseTRV - there is a 1.20 firmware apparently.

EDIT: The 1.20 firmware is for a new hardware model with a different microcontroller inside…

Does anyone know anything about the new Danfoss Ally Firmware 1.28/0.28?

You can download it on the official website, but there isn’t any changelog included.