I already have some Danfoss Ally thermostats over here, which work nicely with ZHA as climate components.
Recently I contacted the Danfoss support for their plans about making firmware update public available including changelogs etc.
Response was pretty fast and nicely including a link to v1.08, the statement that updates can be done by each and every software / bridge, which is capable of doing them, and they attached the specs for the new v1.08 software.
- Does anyone know how we could improve the “out-of-the-box” experience of these devices by making additional properties or commands available? i.e. see a selection of interesting attributes below.
- I uploaded the spec file of firmware v1.08 here: https://github.com/SimpleUserHA/DanfosseTRV/raw/main/Danfoss%20Ally%20Radiator%20Thermostat%201.08%20Zigbee%20Cluster%20Specifications%2016122020.pdf
- Would it be possible to combine multiple thermostats in one room to act as a group ? / as one? (using automations or node-red to apply same settings is fine, but question is related to make more use of the zigbee features)
- What steps do I have to do to manually update the thermostats firmware?
- new version 1.08 is available for download already by Danfoss here: https://www.danfoss.com/en/products/smart-heating/dhs/smart-heating/danfoss-ally/danfoss-ally-support/#tab-software
= Cluster = 0x0204 Thermostat UI Configuration = * Attribute ID = 0x4000 Viewing Direction Range: 0 to 1 0x00 = viewing direction 1 0x01 = viewing direction 2 Default is 0, but overwritten to value from production configuration at Init = Cluster = 0x0201 Thermostat = * Attribute ID = 0x4000 eTRV Open Window Detection 0x00: Quarantine 0x01: Windows are closed 0x02: Hold ,Windows are maybe about to open 0x03: Open window detected 0x04: In window open state from external, but detected closed locally * Attribute ID = 0x4003 External Open Window Detected 0x00: Windows are closed 0x01: Windows are opened * Attribute ID = 0x4014 eTRV Orientation 0x00: Horizontal (Default) 0x01: Vertical Default is 0, but overwritten to value from production configuration at Init. * Attribute ID = 0x4015 External Measured Room Sensor Recommended to be received from Gateway at least every 3 hours but not more often than every 30 minutes @ every 0,1K change * Attribute ID = 0x4020 Control algorithm scale factor Range 1-10 (lower 4 bit allocated to scale factor) Scale factor of setpoint filter timeconstant ("aggressiveness" of control algorithm) 1=5min(Quick) ... 5=30min(Moderate) ... 10=80min(Slow). Bit4=Quick open feature disable. 1=disable. 0=enable * Attribute ID = 0x4051 Window Open Feature ON/OFF 0x00: window open feature OFF. 0x01: window open feature ON. ´´´