Danfoss Eco bluetooth valve thermostat

Ah, ok. Well, then, is it possible to run it “inside” Hassio somehow ? or to put it in HACS ? (I discovered HACS recently, and it makes many things more easy, as you probably know =) )

Hi, any wat yo use that termostat as climate entity? to be able to set target temp

As bluetooth range is very limited, is there a chance to make a esphome component with this?

Something with similar hardwar (EQ-3 BLE Thermostat) was done already: See the esp32_ble_clients here: https://github.com/ayufan/esphome-components

Hi Kim,

I can read on libetrv Github issues page https://github.com/AdamStrojek/libetrv/issues/15 that you managed to get this up and running and it sounds that you are really experience and know what you are talking about.

I have read the posts on the github issuse page several times but still uncertain about many details and have many questions. The reason could be that my experience is on windows platform and not Linux.

I guess this is the case for many other “normal” Hassio users.

Even though it is a very good quality thermostat and at very reasonable price, not much progress happened on this topic the past year and only few managed to do it. The reason is very likely because the solution/setup is quite complex.

In the prefect world, we should have a packaged HASSIO custom component that can be downloaded /installed and some few configurations, but I guess we are quite far from that.

A less demanding approach, but still doable for end users, would be if we have at step-by-step guide for the current solution.

It would be very much appreciated, if you could create such a guide, including all the implicit details for you experienced guys. For example, where to save files, how to install different components, how to get the encryption keys etc.

I hope you have the time to help the rest of us.

If so, I will be more than happy to test the guide, if you like. And it will be great if you place the guide somewhere accessible by everyone. I guess not only me, but many others in the Hassio community will be very thankful.

1 Like

Hi every One,

Very good news.

I came by https://github.com/HBDK/Eco2-Tools and here are three HAASIO add-ons.

one for getting the MAC address, one for getting the key end one for connecting and controlling the Danfoss eco. You can get the target temperature, current temperature, and battery level. It also includes a thermostat for setting the target temperature

These add-ons encapsulates the Libetrv component by AdamStrjek and various scripts used to publish til MQTT and makes is much easier to get up and running.

You simply add this URL https://github.com/HBDK/Eco2-Tools to the supervisor addon store and it just works like a charm. No scripting or third-party installations.

After spending several days, without succeeding installing the Libetrv requirements, I got this up and running with in 30 min :blush:

This is how the MQTT device and its 5 entities looks like, and the default result of adding to LOVELACE:
DanfossEco

I am so happy finally getting this to work, thanks HBDK :blush:

2 Likes

Take a look at this

2 Likes

hello, Can You write after added to HAASIO Danffoss Eco is possible to use together with Danfoss Eco app?

regards

1 Like

Yes, you can use it together with the Danfoss app without any problems.

This add-on gets and sets the target temperature and shows current temperature.

You cannot control the thermostat on/off state directly, he thermostat itself turns On/off dependent on current temperature compared to target temperature.

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks So nice : ) I have added to my Hassio 3 Danfoss Eco :slight_smile: Regards

Danfoss ECO using HA - Short battery life ??

Hi, I was warned that Danfoss ECO battery life was shortend using HA with BLE.

I just bought 5xDanfossECO and I am being nudged to switch to DanfossALLY.

Please comment on my delicate “problem”.

Rgds Henrik

Please consider my post (first community post ever) as @ [DanishDyna].
Rgds Henrik

WOW, nice :heart_eyes: unfortunately I switched to the FritzDect Thermostates, as I’m somehow impatient with some things sometimes :see_no_evil:
But I still have the Danfoss Thermostats, so I’m thinking about giving them a new chance, the basement heater has still the manual standad thermostat. A new reason to tidy up the basement and create a man cave :sweat_smile::joy:
BIG Thanks :grin::sunglasses:

Hi Guys - I see a mention to the esp32_ble_client in this thread.
I’ve been tearing my hair out trying to get Ayufun’s EQ3 implementation working on my HA - but I’m falling at the esp32_ble_client hurdle.

For the life of me not matter what I try - I cannot seem to get ESPHome to recognise it.
He has one line in his git repo readme saying : This uses custom esp32_ble_clients implementation to support Bluetooth on ESP32.
BUT nothing on how to implement this custom code or where or how to call it.

I’ve tried simply putting esp32_ble_clients: into my esphome node yaml - but I get the error at the top of the page saying - Component esp32_ble_clients cannot be loaded via YAML (no CONFIG_SCHEMA).

Anyone got an idea what this all means?

esp32_ble_clients is more a library used through the eq3_v2 component.
Did you followed the installation guide on his github ?

It seems you need to clone the whole repository in your custom_component directory, not just esp32_ble_clients folder in your esphome path.
If you did as state in documentation then opening an issue on the repository seems to be a better move.

Hi - I did follow the complete instructions.
Although that said - it’s the esp32_ble_clients that I’m having the issue with.

I cloned the entire git repo into esphome/custom_components/ but like I said, I can’t get the ble_client to be recognised.

You say it’s more of a library - how would I ‘install’ the library, if simply copying it to the custom_components dir isn’t enough.?

edit - Just raised an issue in the repo too…

Don’t clone the repository into esphome/custom_components/, it have to be in /config/custom_components/
Reading the code it seems it’s the custom component climate.py that will register it in esphome.

Hi Olijouve
I did originally have the repo cloned to config/custom_components - but couldn’t get anything to work at all. Then someone in the discord esphome chat said that it should be in the esphome/custom_components - which allowed me to get this far.
I have now got a copy of it in both - just in case. But still the same.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 14.13.32

Hi there. Have this eq3_v2 integration working fine with the eqiva BT TRV’s.

Please post your esphome .yaml file (as code, not a screenshot) and I’ll have a look at it.

Hi. sorry to revive such a old comment.
but i am struggeeling with this.
i have managed to detect the danfos eco 2 valve in home assistant using this method.

but all sonsors are set to unknown. so i am unable to controll and read from the device.
have you come across this ?

Hi Jacob,

It has been ages I don’t really remember the details but I don’t recall that I had such challenges.

Do you already have an MQTT server functioning with other devices?
Have you double checked that the MQTT configuration under etrv2mqtt add-on is correct?
Have you checked the etrv2mqtt log for errors that might point out what is wrong?
Also check the log under the server configuration.

One more thing is functioning properly from the Danfoss Eco mobile app .

Let ,men know what you find out. If we first locate the reason for the error then we can work on solving it.

And finally here is how my device looks like:

Kind redgads,
Ghassan