Dashboard buttons, calling a script, icon is always yellow?

I have a script to perform some actions. I’ve made a button with a “call service” action to call this script. It works great, everything is wonderful. The only issue is, the icon is always yellow. It is not dependent on state or anything, I just want it to be the highlight color of the theme, but no matter what I do it is yellow. I can resize it, but not change the color.

This has been difficult to search for; often things about this pull results of how to change the color of an icon dependent on state (not what I want). Also, anything searching with the term “yellow” brings up nonsense results from the “Home Assistant Yellow” and not about yellow icons.

I don’t even know where yellow comes from, it’s not in my theme or user preferences or anything. Any advice on how to fix the color is appreciated.

To change colour with state:

That will change the button to yellow only while the script is running.

To change the colour see:

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/frontend/#defining-themes

and

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/2022-12-color-states-are-broken-unusable/499890/165

That’s the thing, I don’t want it to change based on state, I just want it a static color (like the purple or something). I guess because that is a “state” element, I have to theme it that way, based on the state? If I inspect it, I can see it’s defined as a “HA State Icon” even though it’s calling a script? It’s meant to be kind of a “Stateless” button, so whatever state it has (it does show a state if I toggle the slider, “On” for every button) is I guess what I have to theme? I wish there was away to just…not make it a stateful button?

- type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - show_name: true
        show_icon: true
        type: button
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: script.livingroombroadlinkpoweroff
          target: {}
          data: {}
        entity: remote.living_room_broadlink_hub
        icon: mdi:power
        name: Power Off
        theme: Metro Purple
        show_state: false

Then check the two links I posted. Yes Themes is the answer. Or you could use card-mod for every card.