Dashboard Domain Help

I’m in the process of switching to Home Assistant from Openhab 3 because of HA’s integration with ISY and Insteon. For years, I’ve used OH and ISY to control my Insteon and now, Z-wave devices. But, with Universal Devices new eisy controller, the binding no longer works. I am a newbie. The problem I have is with the Dashboard. I have this YAML to test MQTT and my garage door sensor. MQTT works great! The Insteon garage door sensor sends either “On” or "Off. I want it to display Open or Closed which it does with the template shown below.

mqtt:
  sensor:
    - name: "Temperature"
      state_topic: "office/sensor1"
      unit_of_measurement: "°F"
      value_template: "{{ value_json.temperature }}"
    - name: "Humidity"
      state_topic: "office/sensor1"
      unit_of_measurement: "%"
      value_template: "{{ value_json.humidity }}"
template:
  - sensor:
      - name: "Garage Door"
        state: >
          {% if is_state('binary_sensor.back_garage_sensor', 'off') %}
            Open
          {% elif is_state('binary_sensor.back_garage_sensor', 'on') %}
            Closed
          {% else %}
            failed
          {% endif %}

The question is how do I control the Dashboard display
SensorCard
Everything falls within the Sensor Card. I want the door sensor to fall under my Back Garage card.

Since this is my first post, please be gentle. Not sure how to add YAML code, or pictures.
Thank you,

Can you show the configuration for the binary sensor, binary_sensor.back_garage_sensor

If it does not have a yaml configuration then simply click on the binary sensor, go to the settings tab and change “show as”.

I changed the sensor to “show as garage door” and the sensor now displays as Open. However, the door is closed. Is there a way to invert the result?

Thanks

Only with a template sensor.

template:
  - binary_sensor:
      - name: "Garage Door"
        state: "{{ is_state('binary_sensor.back_garage_sensor', 'off') }}"
        device_class: garage_door

There’s a feature request about that you might like to vote for: