Dashboard for beginners

Dear HA Community,

I‘v more then 4 year experience in SmartHome, in my case Homematic and Philips Hue. At the moment my wall mounted iPad has a AIO NEO dashboard which running in my case unstable. Now I would like to switch to HA. HA Installation was successful and I’ve already add my Homematic and hue devices. Now I would like to create my own dashboard. Is there any dashboard example I can use to start my dashboard?

My biggest understanding problem with creating the dashboard is that I would like to create the dashboard on my Mac mini to which I have a 32 inch monitor connected. I never know if the dimensions are enough for my 9.7 inch iPad (Air2) or if everything is completely shifted.

Maybe someone can help me find the beginning

Br
Patrick

I would suggest to start simple.

Dashboard and Integration / devices / automations, etc, are really an intricated topic.

You should first integrate all your devices / scripts / automation mode before finalising your dashboard.

That said, you need a dashboard to interract with your devices and integrations…
To my knowledge, appart from the default dashboard, there is no “pre built” dashboard.
Thus if you want a customized one, you have to built it.

I would suggest to start with basic cards and once your HA installation is stable (all devices added, all automation made) you can start to refine the dashboard.

There are many examples around. But if you want to build a nice dashboard, while staying relatively away from the yaml (at least at the begining) I would suggest to take a look to the mushroom family of card that offer for almost all entities a very nice looking dashboard with minimal knowledge needed.

1 Like