DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

Some news regarding to Dwains Dashboard. As most of you already know from here or my own Discord server. I’m working hard on a new update for my dashboard. First, I went for a 1.5 release, but it got a bit out of hand. The last 3 weeks I refactored my whole dashboard, optimized all code, removed 90% of the third party addons/cards and made new ones myself. It is such a big change that the next version will be a 2.0.0 release. So we are going for Dwains Dashboard 2.0.0.

I still didn’t manage to make a gui control based view so that will be something for in the future. You still need to use the config files to configure the dashboard. Also the addons are still available. But the biggest improved will be that it’s just a 1 click install. No installation steps with installing HACS, HACS plugins and changing and replacing config files in your HA config folder.

I will inform you all as soon as possible on new updates regarding a 2.0.0 release. :slight_smile: For live updates each day regarding the status join my Discord server.

11 Likes

Can’t wait to try it out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this theme Dwain!
This was realy the thing that i missed in HA.
Yesterday i installed it and i am very happy with it, i know the custom header problem, so thats no problem so far.
Very very nice :slight_smile:

Going to try it out for few weeks!

1 Like

Did you found an answer for this?

I hope to release 2.0 this month. It will have some new awesome features like:

• 1 click install.
  • You can create own popups for all your entities.
  • Theme colors are only applied to dashboard itself and not outside of the dashboard.
  • Custom header has been replaced by something I created myself.
  • Created new safety part for rooms, this means you can put all kind of sensors in a sort of safety group, if one of the sensors gets triggered you get a warning (smoke sensor for example).
8 Likes

Sounds awesome! Cant wait to try it out. I went ahead and removed v1.4.1 and have updated HA, cant wait to try out v2.0.

You can use 1.4.1 with the latest HA without problems you know? :stuck_out_tongue: 2.0 will be some days/weeks.

2 Likes

Actually I did not know, I thought there were issues with updating to the latest HA. I guess I will be busy setting back up this evening. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. I was concerned about wrecking DT with an upgrade. That, and some of the other recent 0.117 upgrade horror stories that folks have posted about.

Time to snapshot and give it a shot I guess.

1 Like

I know this was talked about for 1.5, but since we’re jumping straight to 2.0 is the option for a custom weather card going to be available?

1 Like

Depends on where you mean, if you mean the weather card in the header, the answer is no, but you if you click on the weather you can make own cards there.

Clicking on the weather with a custom card is exactly what I meant. Happy to see it’s in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone been able to put a clock on the theme? It’s one of the things that I miss in a wall tablet displaying this theme!

1 Like

Exactly the thing what i am missing also!
Hope someone has archieved this.

1 Like

I ask about clock ages ago…

I got no answer

1 Like

As many of you know who are in my dashboard Discord server, the clock is a thing. We are talking about it almost each day haha. There will be a clock but not in 2.0. It will come in a later release.

4 Likes

Hi Dwain, Yesterday I came across your project and have to say it is great, it is exactly what I was looking for, can’t wait for the new release so I can install. GREAT JOB!!!

1 Like

Thanks!

There are some people from my Discord server now beta testing 2.0. I will write all docs for it this weekend and hope to release it next week. (so the docs for 1.4 can be a little bit strange this weekend when I’m adding new stuff for 2.0)

Maybe if people like it I can make a YouTube video with the new features because there are a lot of new features like; making own global popups for specific domains like covers, climate, lights etc, making own popups for individual entities, adding more_page addons in the main navbar so you can create as many custom pages as you want and many, many other awesome stuff!

7 Likes

Hello @dwains,

I’ve been playing around with HA for about a month now. I came across your theme and really liked it, I had some issues (mainly due to my lack of knowledge I guess) with your 1.4 version and I’m really looking forward for the 2.0 release !

Thank you very much for your hard work and for making it available for all the newbies like me.

As for your suggestion, I would really enjoy a youtube video if you feel like it !

1 Like

A YouTube video would be very nice! Looking forward to 2.0!

Really like this project :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like