Deactivate WIFI in Hass.io ResinOS

Is there a proper way to deactivate/switch off WIFI as it seems to randomly disconnect, Ethernet remains working. I don’t mean dummy settings and such.

Thanks.

I had this question about a week ago and was surprised to find out that the only way to do it is to power off your Raspberry Pi, I assume, and plug the SD card into a computer.

This thread, specifically this comment, has all the steps necessary. Alas, there is no way to do it through SSH, SAMBA, etc.

Whenever I have questions I have a keyboard shortcut `sfha that expands to site:community.home-assistant.io so I can quickly use google to search the forums.

site:community.home-assistant.io disable hassio wifi

I can do all that from the search box in my broswer and sometimes I’m able to find the answer when the forum search doesn’t seem to be working out for me.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply and good tips, I’ll look into it. Weird though that something as basic as switching WIFI ON/OFF is not part of HA/ResinOS, I guess it just wasn’t a priority.

1 Like

Hey, out of subject but, how do you do that keyboard shortcut thingy? is there an aplication in windows?

I wanted to share my solution, which was trivially easy. Simply go through the wifi setup process but give it a blank file instead the information for setting it up. Here is the wifi setup process.