Deceptive Site ahead

Hi all, it looks like google has suddenly decided that as of yesterday my hass instance is a deceptive site - apparently containing Phishing. I’m using my own domain with nginx and an SSL cert. Google search console is reporting the following:

Anyone any suggestions on how to resolve this? I’ve been using this exact setup for about 4 years with no issues until now.

1 Like

did you find a fix? just having same prob today

1 Like

The solution to this problem is described at **Deceptive Site Ahead after switching to DuckDNS - #42 by tom1502. Here is a step by step description of how to fix this.

• Cause:

• This happened after I updated the authorisation for Alex Media Player. Reading posts on the HA forum (earlier in the thread for Reference 2) it seems that Google blacklists your duckdns domain after that happens.
  • Solutions:

• The quickest and simplest solution is to switch to the Edge browser which does not have the same issue.
      • However, the HA app still does not work (although I did not try switching my default browser to Edge)
    • The better solution is to get Google to stop blacklisting your domain as described in reference 2 above.
      • You can click the “view more details” button which will take you to a Google page where you can report the site as incorrectly marked. From what I read in the Reference 2 thread this does not get much response.
      • The better solution appears to be to take ownership of your site with Google search by submitting it the Google Security Console page.as describe in Reference 2 which works as follows:
        • Goto https://search.google.com/search-console
        • In the pull down menu on the top left, select “Add Property”
        • Then select “URL Prefix” in the pop up box and add your URL as https://YOURDOMAIN.duckdns.org (replace YOURDOMAIN with the domain name you registered with duckdns.org and click continue.
        • Google then puts up a “Verify Ownershp” page
        • At the bottom of the Verify Ownership page select “Domain name provider Associate a DNS record with Google”
        • Select Record Type “Text” and copy the txt record that this Google page gives you. DO NOT click Verify yet.
        • Then construct the following URL (I found it easiest to do this in Notepad):

https://www.duckdns.org/update?domains=YOURDOMAIN&token=YOURTOKEN&txt=YOURTXTRECORD

Where YOURDOMAIN is the name you have registered with Duckdns (you don’t need to add .duckdns.org), YOURTOKEN is the token of duckdns.org and YOURTXTRECORD is the record you have copied from the Google Verify Ownership page above.

• Enter the URL you have constructed into the browser search bar. If you have done it all correctly you should see a response of “OK”. Otherwise you get “KO”
  • Now go back to the Google Verify Ownership page and click “Verify”. It should come back with a box saying “Ownership Verified”
  • If you see an error message on the Google Search Console Page then ask Google to review it. In the box that asked what I had done to fix the error, I said that I had taken ownership of the site which seemed to satisfy them. It may take a few days for the review.
3 Likes

thank you for this response I can try that