DeCONZ addon in HA and Deconz integration?

So I have added a Raspbee Premium to my Pi3 running HA.

Added the DeCONZ addon, set that up, added the Deconz UI, can connect to this, have set my gateway and password and can search for devices.

The docs (https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-addons/tree/master/deconz) then say about adding Deconz integration so I have added discover to my config. Have restarted, have gone to integrations and tried to add DeCONZ Zigbee gateway and it asks for the below:

Not sure what to put in host? tried the name of the gateway and the IP of my pi.
It then says authenticate app so I go here and press this in the Deconz UI within HA

but I get this message:

Do i need the integration as in HA as well as the DeCONZ UI? If so, how do I get it working?

1 Like

If you run the addon it should be discovered in integrations so you can just accept the integration and not bother with configuration parameters

Thanks. I managed to get the integration but after scanning for sensors and holding the button on my Aqara temp sensor (circular one) cannot get it to pair.

Have tried pressing, long pressing, really long pressing right next to the raspbee - nothing

My integration shows lots of zeros which I’m not sure is right

That would mean deconz isn’t connected to your hardware

So I have removed the integration, uninstalled the addon restarted and then set up the addon again, then the integration and still its named it 0000000000000

Not sure what to do now, the only thing I have not done is the step below because I am working through DuckDNS and cannot access the root of my SD card currently

Using a RaspBee

If you are using RaspBee, you may need to edit the config.txt file in the root of your SD card in order for your RaspBee to be recognized and assigned a device name.

Add following to your config.txt :

enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt

Do you think this could be it?

If Phoscon app asks me to name my gateway does that mean its definitely found my Raspbee?

HA did not automatically discover the DeCONZ integration I had to manually add it using

Host : core-deconz
(API) Port : 40850

8 Likes

stupid question, how do i get the root of my SD card?
I have only acces to the following shares via samba:
config, addons, backup, media, ssl, share

I had to take my sd card out, put it in my pc and edit it that way

2 Likes

:laughing: of course, this works fine…
Thanks!

What did you do to fix this?

never mind… just added a device. restarted the add on… and voila…

Thank you!
Host : core-deconz
(API) Port : 40850

did it for me.

3 Likes

Hi.
I thought I got This to work and started to pair my first Zigbee device… But it seems adding Zigbee support to HA is very hard…
I have installed deconz (got my USB working) and then Added it to Integrations.
But When I open Phoscon Network GUI and put any ZIgbee device to HUB pairing mode… it finds nothing.

Funny thing… Pluggin Conbee2 to PC and testing it there first… all devices was recignized… Then adding it back to USB on QNap and restarting HA… It started to work! I just dont get it… Why on earth is Linux/unix wolrd so hard ? =)

I just ran into the same problem.
Host is the IP adress that you see on the top right corner of the phoscon app (same page where you press “connect app”.

@Matt_Barnes did you manage to solve it? I have the exact same issue…

Anyone ? Having the same issue

same issue with a Rpi4 and HA.OS:

installed the deCONZ add-on. Phoscon works fine, but the integration is not working:

Unlock your deCONZ gateway to register with Home Assistant.

Go to deCONZ Settings -> Gateway -> Advanced
Press "Authenticate app" button
Couldn't get an API key

Here is my solution:

1. Go to Configuration->Devices->deCONZ, enable entity of e.g deCONZ : running and add to Lovelace.
  2. Open Phoscon GUI in deCONZ add-on, go to Settings->Gateway->Advanced and click on Authenticate App.
  3. Go to Configuration->Integrations->Add deCONZ->Select your Device (should be listed in a drop down menu)
1 Like