Deconz and Xiaomi water sensor

Hi,

I’ve got Xiaomi water sensor succesfully paired with Deconz (Conbee stick). Phoscon shows the sensor and all the related data. I even got it sending alert by using NodeRed. But my problem is following:

1. HA only sees the on/off value i.e. is there a water leak or not. It does not see the battery state. Or actually it does show it when I click on the sensor, but there’s no separate sensor data item for the battery level. I would like to get battery level on my hands because I have a maintenance page on hassio that shows battery levels of every sensor.

2. Another problem is that HA doesn’t seem to recognize if the sensor is offline or out of coverage. I took battery out of the sensor and HA still shows status ”dry” after several hours. So basically I’ve got an alert system but I have no idea whether it is working or not - so not very reliable. Even in Phoscon the only information that could be used for checking wether the sensor is still alive or not is the last refresh information, but as this is a water sensor that hopefully never sends an alarm that information is not very usefull. Is there any way to poll the sensor?

Do you guys have any solution for these? Thanks in advance!

Problem number 1 resolved. I just created a new sensor by using template and used battery_level attribute as a value.

Problem #2 still open: I have no idea how to check that the sensor is still alive.

For problem #2 there is actually a thread already: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/hassos-deconz-addon-missing-refresh-of-sensors/80429