deCONZ FATAL: No device error

I’m relatively new to HA, and up until now i’ve found all the answers i’ve needed without having to ask questions, thanks to everyone for the great content. I initially set my system up with ZHA running on a conbee 2, i hadn’t understood that there was more than one way to manage my zigbee devices.

I now want to give deCONZ a try, so I’ve installed it put the path in to my Conbee,

device: >-
  "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE21xxx40-if00"

and I can’t get deCONZ to start I get,

FATAL: No device "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE21xxx40-if00" found!

Iv’e tried uninstalling ZHA as i assumed that it would have control of the ConBee, that didn’t work either. I’ve run out of ideas, why does the ConBee work with ZHA and not deCONZ?

PS i’m running uptodate HASS.IO in ESXI so i’ve just restored the whole VM to get my config back.

Thanks
Tim

I figured it out, the deCONZ add has a bug where it doesnt work with “BY-ID” paths, I used a different path and it opens.

I’ve had mine working for over 12 months with /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE1963863-if00. You need to use this as otherwise if you use something like /dev/ttyACM0 or /dev/ttyACM1, this allocation can randomly change when your hardware is rebooted so the Z-wave stick (in my case) and the Conbee can switch ports making both unavailable.

In saying that, I just upgraded to deConz 5.2 tonight and the whole Zigbee integration died as HA reported nothing at /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE1963863-if00 until I removed the Conbee and switched USB ports and then it reappeared. Sweating bricks there for a while!

I set up my ConBee II for the first time yesterday, it took me a while to get the device to see all of my sensors and lights etc. but I got there in the end.

Today, I wake up and it is unable to see any of my lights, all my sensors are not responsive.

I uninstalled the addon, restarted home assistant, reinstalled the addon… I get an error in the logs that it can’t see the device. So I change the address to /dev/ttyACM0 and it works… but it has lost all of my lights, sensors, switches.

Needless to say I’m pretty livid.

Checkout my post here. Same issue but fixed now. HassOS Release-3 build 13 kills deCONZ (solved)

It is the second time that happens to me, I removed all the devices and reinstalled. I find no other method for now.