Deconz, MQTT or Xiaomi

So is there an option to change how often it polls? If not, that isnt my issue…

Should I be creating a security token/key? If so how?

Otherwise what else could it be? As I say, it pulls the initial device in to HA, but no update after that

There is no option to configure polling. If you have issues between hardware and deconz I suggest you create an issue on deconz GitHub

Thank you for all your help.

I’ve deleted all devices, and readded the two motion sensors and now its all miraculaously working again. I’m slightly cautious about reliability but I’ll add some more, do a few reboots and see where we are.

Do you have any idea about the two error codes in the other code - first one about the API issue, and the second about button maps?

Sorry to ask again… I think I may have some more insight…

So, just added the third motion sensor and rebooted Hassio

Under HA and Photocon all devices showing up, but same issue, none of their states are updated at all, so back to the same issue…

BUT

Logged in via VNC, and the devices have disappeared?! They were there, because I was logged in via VNC before the reboot and they were all showing in the MESH, but after a reboot, all gone.

Sounds like that could be something gone wrong with the pairing. Better to ask on deCONZ GitHub to know for sure

I think maybe I was just expecting too much - I think when I do a reboot of the Pi it’s taking 30 mins to an hour for all the devices to come back online, once back they’re fine again. I need to get used to restarting HA not rebooting the Pi as I’ve done before.

The only issue I seem to have now is Deconz will recognise by square Aqua door sensors, but not the round Xiaomi ones. I think it’s still showing them in the VNC view, but they aren’t added in Phoscon, and then therefore aren’t taken in to HA

Even if they’re not visible in phoscon they might still get exposed to hass

I found the setup cumbersome, it’s not as “plug-n-play” as Z2M. also DeCONZ feels like its a tool that works in it’s own environment, all the “extra’s” (mqtt/hass/domoticz) are additions someone build on top of DeCONZ therefor I feel that this does not 100% work… as mentioned stuff would disappear and the app only has a limited number of device types (plug were shown as bulbs)

Since DeCONZ is still pretty young this will all likely be addressed in the future but for now I don’t trust it enough to be used in a production environment, i’ll stick with homey for now and possibly upgrade to the pro version for the extra cpu&ram…