Default_config: what is inside as of 2022.4

The default config integration documentation you linked to holds the current list of integrations in default config.

Don’t get confused by looking at the code dependencies in manifest. Those are the python libs, it’s not 1 to 1 with what’s listed in default_config.

Thanks, so the new switch_as_x or threshold is always included, but input_boolean has to be activated, right?

Groups are not part of default config. You just add them via configuration → integrations

I am adding it like that (configuration → integrations) but no integration shows up. The group entity gets created but there is no way to edit it since the integration is missing.
Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?
I have light groups and normal (legacy) groups setup in config.yaml.

It’s in your helpers

I completely overlooked the link in the picture below. That is where the group members can be edited. Thx for directing me there.

I’ve updated this list as of 2023/02 as this post was outdated. Please update the OP or use this if you’re looking to split out default_config:

automation:
backup:
bluetooth:
config:
conversation:
counter:
dhcp:
energy:
frontend:
hardware:
history:
homeassistant_alerts:
cloud:
image_upload:
input_boolean:
input_button:
input_datetime:
input_number:
input_select:
input_text:
logbook:
logger:
map:
media_source:
mobile_app:
my:
person:
schedule:
scene:
script:
ssdp:
stream:
sun:
system_health:
tag:
timer:
usb:
webhook:
zeroconf:
zone:
1 Like

I also don’t know what happened to the issue everyone has voted for to make it easier here but it got archived. I guess being able to do easily change this isn’t going to happen.

Thanks, so to sum it up:

These are new:

bluetooth:

conversation:

hardware:

homeassistant_alerts:

image_upload:

logger:

schedule:

image: became image_upload:

Logger is very old

Just to make this clear: it still isn’t possible to exclude something from that list, right?

No. But you can re implement integrations. I.e. add logger to change settings without removing default_config.

Would be very nice to just define it like this:

default_config:
  excludes:
    - conversation

If I get the time I’ll work on a PR

It won’t make it through. People have tried in the past.

Lol, ok then. Looks like a long while before I update to 2023.2+ :man_shrugging:

Conversation is like 3 years old, so if you’re using default config you have it right now.

Meant 2023.2+ oops

Sadly true.

There is no explanation though. The state we have now is very frustrating when not using the default. We constantly have to check if there is a change. And if not, things will break.

There is an explanation on the pr that was closed. Something to do with dependencies of integrations and they don’t want to maintain the code.

I made a custom component, that makes managing it simpler.