Delete old entity that I no longer have

I have an old Wyze Camera I used with Dafang Hacks and put it into my old home assistant. I then switch raspberry pis (loaded snapshot from 3 to 4) and reformatted my camera because something on it wasn’t working.

Now with the new instance of home assistant and the new formatted camera I still see the old entity in my list. It is configured with MQTT and I have deleted that integration, reloaded and reenabled it, but it still grabs the “reference” or “cached” old camera instead of my new one.

I would just remove the entity in configuration, but I want to do automations off of the camera. The switches and stuff “discoverd” from the old camera show that I can interact with it, but if I do the camera itself does not update so it isn’t even connected to my camera.

So the overall problem is that I have an old entity that will not allow a new one to be discovered. Is there a way to delete them?

I found something that said to look in the .config folder, but I cannot find it. I have tried to do ls -a to show hidden as well but it isn’t in my Hassio folder.

Any help would be appreciated. This is betting a bit frustrating.

Thanks

If it was configured via MQTT maybe you have a retained message left over in your MQTT broker that keeps bring the old camera into home assistant?

I’ll try that when I get access to my box and see if you are right. Hopefully it is easy as that

I think you were on to something. I used the tool mentioned in this thread How to clear embedded MQTT broker database? and I cleared all the old retained topics out.

The tool is here and it’s awesome. I’m going to see if I can make it an Add On for Home Assistant because it was super valuable!

Thanks for the push in the right direction!

1 Like

To remove a Wyze entity, go to the DEVELOPER + TOOLS + SERVICES and then select “wyzesense.remove” and enter in the mac address using the json format

I have a hacked wyzecam, will that still work?

If not that is still good to know. I didn’t know there was a wyzecam entity for home assistant

It would have been useful if I hadn’t been too late to replace the battery of my Wyze contact sensor : the MAC address is not listed in the details of HA so I guess I’m screwed :cry:
Victim of the brick issue

See how you go with this ?

Thank you but I don’t have the equipment and the skills to dive into such a procedure :expressionless:
It’s not worth it for 1 or 2 contact sensors that only cost a few bucks.
I’d rather spend my money in much more reliable Aqara Zigbee contact sensors from now on : https://youtu.be/c4-8Y7jUCn0

yes you are screwed , and if your sensor has locked bootloader which is most probable you can toss it into a garbage.

moving to zigbee is what I did as well

1 Like