Denonavr - Zone 2 Support

I would like to see additional controls for Zone 2 within the Denon Network Receivers component (denonavr platform). For example, toggling power, controlling the volume and setting the input on Zone 2.

I am using this custom ui as a workaround.

Good idea!

Btw do you guys also see these error of the denonavr component

@ronvl No, I dont have any problem using the denonavr platform. Whats your config look like?
@Airpal Great work!

very simple… it was auto discovered so I didn’t had a media_player entry in the media_player section . Only one in the group section.

two days ago I changed that to:

- platform: denonavr
    host: 192.168.2.161

But that didn’t change a thing as it is still filling up my log… There are days or time periods it doesn’t happen but it always returns.
Btw the Denon is connected with a cable and the PI running HASS is as well on the same switch so this is not due to the network :slight_smile:

Looks like this feature has been added! (https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.denonavr/)

However, it’s not working for me on my AVR-X3100W :frowning:

Anyone else have it working?

I have the zone 2 succesfully set up with an AVR-X2300, user the exact steps described on the component docs.

Edit: here’s the config that i’m using in configuration.yaml

media_player denonavr:
  - platform: denonavr
    host: [IP_OF_RECEIVER]
    name: Denon AVR
    show_all_sources: False
    zones:
      - zone: Zone2
        name: Denon AVR - Zone 2

I agree that now zone 2 is alive, but from what I’ve found it makes zone 1 play what zone 2 is playing. It would be nice it the 2 zones were controlled independently like the Heos app.