Detect locked/unlocked for non smart lock

Hi all,

I love HA…
Just added some Aqara sensors today to test with zigbee2mqtt… looks awesome so far :slight_smile:

But I have a question:
I have multiple doors (sliding door, shed door, etc.) with conventional ‘dumb’ locks… and many times I want to check if they are locked or open, because visually looking at them the sliding door is slid closed and the shed door is shut.

Has any of you thought about this before? How to measure the locked/opened state of a door lock using a conventional lock?

Yup, there’s a could of threads on here about it. Several people have dismantle those aquara sensors, you can easily extend wires out from each end of the reed switch.

Then anything that’ll make / break the circuit can be used, I used a reed switch in the door surround with a magnet on the lock bolt, when it’s locked the switch closes. Others have used micro switches, and even just the metal bolt making the circuit across two small springs.

I tried searching for locks on the forum but couldn’t find anything ‘dumb’ related… Abusing an aqara switch sounds like a plan…

Try these.

Thanks… Let’s see if I can do some experimenting with a remote Reed switch