Dimmable RF Light with no 'State' response using Template Light

1st I’ll start out with saying that I rent my home, the lighting is part of the home & I cannot replace it. Before anyone tells me that the best solution is to get a different light setup.

I have in my home a ceiling fan that has an RF remote in each room.
To turn on/off the light each remote has a button.
To dim the light you hold down the same button. It will dim until it is at the lowest setting then the next hold will raise, again until it is at the max brightness.
I have tried using the single button press with a hold duration to dim & it does not work. I have a few codes recorded for each light, 1 that raises/lowers the brightness about 25%, 1 that turns On/Off, & 1 that does a full dim.
I have a Broadlink RM Pro+ that is used to send the RF signal & it covers the entire house. Each Fan & Light are recorded as separate device codes for the respective light.

I’ve been trying to create a Dimmable light with the Light Template but have been having trouble with the brightness on the set_level: command. I saw another post asking about a way to have the light dimmer Up/Down buttons instead of a slider, but that did not have a solution.

Is there a way to have the light fake a brightness value & just set it to run the script or call the remote command any time the brightness is changed at all? Since there is not an Up & Down just a single "Change 25% in whichever direction you are going" command I do not care what the dimmer displays, just that it gives me the ability to make the change.

The main reason I want the dimmable light instead of just having a second Dim button is because I use the Logitech Harmony Home Control Remote, which has 4 button that connect to Phillips Hue or SmartThings (I use SmartThings to bridge it to Home Assistant). 2 of the buttons are plugs & just have ON & OFF. The other 2, if connected to a light that has a dimming function, have a dimmer switch that can be used to adjust those. Currently I have a template light set up that is used, but just for the ON/OFF because I cannot seem to make the dimmable function work. So essentially those dimmers are unused.

Any help is appreciated, even if it does not solve my problem, it helps me learn more & at least might point me to something that might help.

I found this thread about a Blueprint for making a dimmer that seems like it may be what I need, unfortunately the instructions are lacking & I cannot figure out where it wants me to do this.

Where & how do I “Add an action” for When the button is pressed once?