Dimmable warm white LED panel or strip

I am looking for a night light for the bed which should support ZigBee (or WiFi).
It should be dimmable and warm white.
For example the
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Play Lightbar
Unfortunately this has RGB which I do not need.
I could also use a light stripe.
Any recommendations?

This might be an ‘adventure’ that you don’t want to take… However, I converted two of these devices to completely local control in Home Assistant using the guide in the second link below.

These units are not the ‘prettiest’ devices that you can find in the night light product world. And you may ‘scuff up’ the case a bit doing this conversion. Those negatives aside, I have two fully local controllable night lights. Another, little negative of these units is the motion sensor does not have really wide field of view, but it does work to trigger turning on the bathroom lights to low level when getting out of the bed during a time window. Which is the kind of nifty functions you do once you have a device like this completely under local control. The firmware I am using, listed below in the third link is a Tasmota ‘work alike’ firmware. It is tough to find a similar set of functions at this price point. I think it might be possible to get most of the functions using the ‘localtuya’ integration of Home Assistant, however, you are relying on the China cloud for operation, and the ‘off the shelf’ configurations are far less than a completely local control device, which is what I have now for my bit of sweat equity education and soldering. Hope I did not scare you away, halloween is over :wink: Good hunting!

Globe Electric Wi-Fi Smart Ambient Night Light with Motion Detection, No Hub Required, Voice Activated, Multicolor Changing RGB, Tunable White 2000K - 5000K
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08X72JY3V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the hint.I already used local tuya and was not very happy. A compatible ZigBee light would be better.
I like to control it with s ZigBee Switch, motion detection is not necessary.

Agree, having a single platform solution is best. Keep it simple. You might browse the zigbee2mqtt device database and see if something is to be found. You could probably just a attach a short 6 to 12 inch length of a Cool and Warm White LED strip to one of the many zigbee LED strip controllers available and put the whole thing in a translucent case as a home built solution. Probably 30 to 40 bucks.

For 20 bucks, the device I talked about does have more functions than your requirements, but just ignore them. It plugs into the wall socket like a ‘regular’ night light, with no messing around. And yes, you have to bridge between your zigbee controllers and it’s api’s. However if you are using zigbee2mqtt, then both your zigbee devices and the nightlight on mqtt messages. Easy (yes not as easy a complete zigbee solution) to have Home assistant get the zigbee switch message to control the nightlight. This is what I am doing.

As the article I referenced on the hacking of the nightlight stated, he started with the local tuya route. And as the three of us have found this route is far from optimal. That is why the option to reflash the firmware in the microcontroller in some of theses tuya devices with a totally under your control, no internet, solution is so compelling.

Good hunting!

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/supported-devices/