Direct Flic BUTTON via Flic Hub MQTT integration - Cloudless

The last time I restarted HA, it appeared to persist. I don’t know what to tell you at this point! I’ll keep an eye on it

I added this to MQTT.js and it resolved the auto discovery issue every time I rebooted my HA machine.

MQTT.on('disconnected', function() {
	mqtt.connect();
});
MQTT.on('error', function() {
  setTimeout(function (){
    mqtt.connect();
  }, 1000);
});
1 Like

Sorry for slow reply. This worked perfectly! Thanks

Thanks! I’ve added it to the Git repo!

This is great info and I am so grateful for everyone’s support. Something I noticed is that if I have the below added to mqtt.js…

MQTT.on('disconnected', function() {
	mqtt.connect();
});
MQTT.on('error', function() {
  setTimeout(function (){
    mqtt.connect();
  }, 1000);
});

I get the following error

ReferenceError: identifier ‘mqtt’ undefined
at [anon] (duktape.c:81026) internal
at [anon] (root/MQTT/mqtt.js:588) preventsyield

If I remove it it seems to work fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I restart my HA somewhat often. Of note, line 588 for me is

mqtt.connect();

Also not sure if my MQTT is seeing my devices. To confirm, my username is mqtt-user and I put

var username = ‘mqtt-user’;

Same format for the password. I’m very new to this, as I’m sure you can tell. Thanks again for the support.

I am getting the same error as well.

I think this code may need to be added into main.js instead?

@Ingo @heroash88 Can you confirm?

Happy to say I fixed the first part of my issue. Now just dealing with the power setting error.

Oops. It’d be nice if the SDK would talk to Git directly so I don’t have to make changes correctly in one place and then screw them up when updating Git!

Fixed. I updated the the Github code - could someone give it a go and see if I did better this time?

That worked! Thanks for the quick work.

I’m running into an issue with HA though. I can see the button though MQTT, and I can choose it as a device when creating an automation. The problem is when I choose it as a device under Trigger, the trigger option below the “Device” option is greyed out. Any advice would be appreciated. Very new to this. Sorry for the constant questions.

When I open the YAML code for the trigger, this is what I see:

device_id: c6285cefb94clkbbad4d594a0e32acd8
platform: device
domain: ""
entity_id: ""

I feel so close!

Hmmmm… I see. I’ve never actually used the Device as the trigger.

I use the Entity Trigger:

alias: Office Flic
description: Toggle office lights
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.office_flic_flic_button
      - sensor.bob_flic_button
    to: click
condition: []
action:
  - service: light.toggle
    data:
      color_temp: 350
      transition: 3
    target:
      area_id: office
mode: single

I’ll have to see why it doesn’t register properly as a Device… Hopefully I can suss it out on

That worked!! I am up and running. Thank you to all for the help along the way.

This is so good! I have been waiting for this for several years! I was mention this on facebook to the Flic team to add MQTT function to there Flic hub and they sent me a link to a page they have about MQTT and also a github repository for MQTT function. Maybe some inspiration for your setup? GitHub - 50ButtonsEach/flic-hub-sdk-mqtt-js
And the Flic page about MQTT:
Flic MQTT | Flic Smart Button

Today, when I logged into my Home Assistant instance, I saw a repair suggestion:

Do we need to make any changes to main.js?

Running into the same problem. None of my buttons work anymore and I will fully admit I’m not confident enough to start adjusting things on my own.

Ah, did you upgrade to Home Assistant 2023.8? I always wait for the .1 release before upgrading, since I only have my production system. So this is definitely not tested on 2023.8 yet.

The release notes mention breaking changes in MQTT … so maybe back out to 2023.7 until that can be addressed.

I’ll try to get to it this weekend.

Interesting, I haven’t upgraded to 2023.8 yet… and yet mine stopped working, too.

:thinking:

So, on mine it seems like maybe Flic updated something?

The script had been stopped and the “Restart after crash” checkbox was unchecked… and I’m 100% sure I had it checked. Starting it again on my Flic hub (and rechecking the box) made it all work again.

1 Like

I stopped and restarted my Flic Script and also restarted Home Assistant. That got it working again.

this is awesome (or will be when i get it working)

how do i find out my server name? is it “core-mosquitto” ? - at the moment it says “Cannot push beyond allocated stack”

And then how do i get my MQTT server to find the flics?

Thanks!

Got it working thanks to @heroash88

New version released thanks to git contributions! Thank you mikevostrikov and alexander-cato!

What’s Changed

• Added current state sensor + other improvements by @alexander-cato in #5
  • Strip sensor names off the device name prefix; better error handling by @mikevostrikov in #6
2 Likes