Disable views in the sidebar for some users

I would like to hide some views in the sidebar like map, google calendar and logbook etc. but i in my Dashboard-Overview, i just have “Overview” and “Energy”. How can I disable the other views?

If I understand what you’re trying to do, then the “shortcut” way is to click and hold the side-bar header (where it says “Home Assistant”) to enter “edit-mode”. Click the “x” for each view you want to hide.

Alternately, click your username in the sidebar (at the very bottom), and in the settings here is an option to choose the default view as well as “Change the order and hide items from the sidebar” , which is what you’d use to hide views (or show ones that have previously been hidden).

Just keep in mind that this is a “per device” setting, so you’ll need to do it on each device you wano t to use (since you might have different views for when using a computer/mobile/tablet).

I have done this on the kids phones, for instance, but you need to do it on their phones, I don’t think you can do this “centrally”, so it’s not like the user does not have access (so don’t use if something NEEDS to be secret from someone), it’s just not shown and they’d need to know how to re-enable.

Yes this i found, but there is just to hide globally or move it globally.

This I could check. For example I have a personal google calender, but the kids/wife/tablet other person should not see them in the sidebar, but can’t find a way to hide them.
EDIT: I cannot find it, how to hide views from the sidebar

It’s the same thing I described twice, the edit mode can just be found in different ways.

Alternately, you can make a few different views in the same dashboard, and use this approach:

It won’t hide the actual dashboard from the side menu, but it could achieve the same functionality (for “normal” dashboards, not for the “map”, “logbook”, etc.).

Not sure if the talking about the same thing. Single Views for the general dashboard are not the issue.
I would like to hide for example “Karte” for some users. Karte is on the sidebar and not a view.

3 Likes

Did you manage that? I want to do exactly the same thing. I want to remove some elements from the sidebar for certain people who have access to HA - and not just locally.

Hast du das hingekriegt? Genau das selbe will ich auch machen. Also einige Elemente von der Sidebar für bestimmte Personen, die Zugriff auf HA haben entfernen - und zwar nicht nur lokal.

He did not because it can’t be done without “drastic” measures.

You can look into kiosk mode, but then you have to “build” access for the things that you want people to have.

I hope this helps.

MrGrey.

1 Like

With Kiosk mode and I don’t show the sidebar for some users.

1 Like

The problem with this is that it only hides the menu view. If you manually alter the url you can still get to the other views. Is there any way of improving the security of this?