DISCONTINUED HA Client - native Android client for Home Assistant

On the Android version of the app, i’m getting ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED whenever I use a CNAME DNS record to connect to HomeAssistant (valid, pointing at my dynamic DNS name, and works from Android browser), but it works if I use the same name, but change it to an A record resolving to the same IP and it connects. Is it expected behavior of the app to only work with direct A records?

Hi @xfallenangelx
I’m afraid you are speaking about an official Home Assistant android app, but this forum is about HA Client - an unofficial native UI for Home Assistant.

HA Client is back to Discord. Welcome: https://discord.gg/u9vq7QE

Great to see new version., not yet in store. Possible to download apk?

Not now. I’m building app bundles, not apk, so it is not so simple to give you an apk. I’ll solve this issue as well but later.

Hi all!
I’m happy to announce that HA Client 1.1.0-beta2 now supports actionable notifications!

Read more

Join/Leave beta testing program

2 Likes

i think flutter cant bypass certificate, but you can use nginx plugin.
It very easy to install and use.

I don’t want to be dramatic, but… Whaaaaat!? HA Client stops development! :disappointed_relieved:

HA Client is, by far, so much faster than official HA App. It is my default client for regular basis, it smoothes things.

As I mentioned here, I wish someday official app is as efficient as yours.

However, thank you very much for all your work, this native app was just amazing.

1 Like

Hi @pove. It is a pleasure to hear that HA Client is really useful for you. Please try an official app once again, it got a lot of improvements recently.
Also I need to say that it takes too much efforts to achieve the same functionality official app has.
Also you can still use HA Client. I think I can give some support to it to fix issues. I’m just stopping to add new functionality for now.

2 Likes