Display Oilfox Data

of course a HomeAssistant coffe would be nice, could also be a HA Beer instead :wink:

Heheā€¦ OKā€¦ seems even betterā€¦

Can you check for me how much I would need to pay you if OilFox is 69 EUR + how much post cost - let say DHL or normal Austria postā€¦

I send you my address to private msgā€¦

Thank youā€¦

Can you make export of NodeRed:
slika
So that I will try to use your code and change it so that it will show data in Lovelaceā€¦
After that I will publish (export) of NodeRed code here so that everyone could use itā€¦

Thank youā€¦

Hi Simon,

yes I could do that but in the Token there is also my password for Oilfox, if I remove it then you will get no results when importing my code. So I am not sure if that makes sense.

Yesā€¦ please remove or just change username / password and all other sensitive data so that will not be real data.
I will then import it and prepeare it so that you will got data to Home Assistant via MQTT protocol. So, you will got new sensor in HA and use it in lovelace on the way as you will like itā€¦

Hi, not sure how to upload a .json file here, I will just send you an email with the file attached I have exported from my NodeRed

Thank youā€¦ I received .jsonā€¦ I will now prepeare MQTT and when I will receive HW I will test it and after that I will send you file back + publish .json in my personal HA download link for other users (if anybody will need itā€¦)ā€¦

sounds great, just to let you know, the script I sent you works for me so far,when I look into debug then I see all the information in msp.payload, the only thing I donā€™t know is how would I get that msg.payload data into my influx db and created a sesnor to use in Lovelace.

Donā€™t worry, we will solve itā€¦

Hi Guys,

Can you send me also the json file? :slight_smile:

thx,

Jurgen

When I will receive HW (probably next week) I will test new version of Node-RED with MQTT integrated for publishing to HA and then I will publish fileā€¦ Will that be OK?

ok thx! :slight_smile:

Hi Sebastian,

I receive a error:7 ā€œTypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜0ā€™ of undefinedā€ on curl oilfox!
Any idea?

Thx,

Jurgen

Where do you get that error? If you properly enter the username and the password in the curl of post #1 everything should work.
Where did you attach the debug node to?

I am happy that I seem not to be the only one using the OilFox with HA :slight_smile: I am also very interested into integrating it more seamlessly to Lovelace.

Hi Sebastian,

Yep, you are not the only one who is using Oilfox! :slight_smile:
Maybe a stupid question, but what do you mean with ā€˜Where did you attached the debug node toā€™?
Iā€™m new in HA and also Node-Red is new for me! :slight_smile:

I hope my curl code is correct, login and passwd are configured.

Here a screenshot:

You can attach the debug node (the green thing) to any output, in my example it is attached to the Curl Output for the json transformation. Just do that and you should see the error message on the very right in the debug column (the bug icon next to the ā€œIā€). Just hit the deploy button after connecting the debug node and then activate the timestamp trigger.
What is then posted to the debug column?

Thx Sebastian,

Now I have more info!

What happens if you copy the curl request and execute it in a shell, e.g. terminal on Mac?

via my shell i get the message ā€˜tailā€™ is not recognized!
Can I send you my curl command via a private message? Maybe you can test it also?
Later I will change my passwd on my account :wink: