Diy HomeAssistant motion and presence sensor (use LD2410b and esp32c3 with esphome)

What would these options actually do regarding light sensor?

Yes, they are the intended purpose of these photoresistors, to implement a linked operation inside the radar.
The ld2410 has a very powerful mcu on it that is able to process the signals from the radar.

Would changing these options improve resolution/sensitivity in darker situations?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t, they are only set to turn off the radar in certain light conditions.

Thank you for the effort Screek. This is great. Here is the latest LD2410 manual (1.06) translated with DeepL and added bookmarks for anyone who may have use for it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xtBsbaWAgMXOdbbVP5JoIE7dHAqkP_h-/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Should I need to request access to that download?

I’ve fixed up the permissions. Should be good now.

2 Likes

Hi all, I just received my 3 screek sensors I bought and I am a little confused.

I powered one on, connected it to my network and HA detected it and imported it. All amazingly easy and with no fuss at all! Great job on easy initial setup :grinning: However reading this thread I see folks talking about an android app and I see the esphome yaml source. So questions if I may

1. Why do I need or want the android app?
  2. Do I need the yaml source? It seems to be working just fine as is. Is this just if I want to tinker with it?
  3. The ESPHome firmware version shows up as Unknown does this mean I need to update it and if so where can I find any docs telling me how to do so? It does show Screek Version of V230717_4

Thanks

Hi, I’m sorry to say that we often miss information on the forum, although at ryan’s suggestion we have email notifications.

Glad you’re getting them and it’s working.
I’ll try to give some of my experience regarding these questions (basically I’m figuring them out like everyone else and just producing some to share, so I’m sorry I can’t answer you very professionally):

1. app is for adjusting parameters. When the default parameters aren’t very satisfactory, like some fixed interference at specific locations in the scope (mainly the fan ones), then setting a different sensitivity might help. We’re in the initial stages of refining an FAQ and hope to gather more interesting information: HLKRadarTool APP FAQ
  2. if you’re just using it to implement sensors, then it’s probably not needed. You just need it to work. yaml is for people who want more customization to add certain things they want to customize.
  3. this is a known issue that can arise from not relying on esphome to be able to import, and we don’t have this type of import feature turned on: one reason is for unfamiliar users who might accidentally let the sensor brick, and the other is for those who have more need to always be able to compile our yaml on their own at any time. what we want is to find the simplest balance between letting We wanted to find the simplest balance that would allow us to make it accessible and easy to use, temporarily hiding it from the overly complex and jargon-ridden side of Home Assistant, and introducing it in the easiest way possible. With the advantage of local vendors, it’s possible to quickly try to integrate some DIY sensors into the HomeAssistant system at a reasonable price, and we’ve enjoyed exploring this idea.

Thanks again for supporting Screek.
We try to integrate these issues slowly so that people can better satisfy their curiosity.

3 - addition: since the esphome version number always follows the version number of an esphome firmware and can sometimes be confusing. In our experience, if it’s not a very important update, always timely constant updates may not always gain a lot of benefits. Many commercial sensors, after all, may not be updated for five years. So adding the attribute ‘Screek Version’ to many of our DIY sensors, which is used to identify when we last compiled the firmware for that sensor, makes it easier to decide if you need to update it, or to understand what has happened with the update. It’s still a trade-off, we want to preserve the power of esphome and accommodate enthusiasts who don’t need to know more details about esphome. And for those who in turn love to modify their own sensor configuration, our yaml source code will surely give it fun in another direction.

This is a good idea, although Hilink’s documentation often doesn’t have much important information suitable for parameter tuning. We’ve put it on one of our FAQ sites, so hopefully this will make it easier for more people to

Hi,

Wanted to ask - 3D files for the case are not available anymore, right? (looking at the link in the 1st post).

1 Like

We can provide stl for private use, you can send us a message. But we canceled the public version of the files because it was very laborious to design them, and there had been some copies claiming to be the same hardware as ours, which was very frustrating. Please understand.