DIY two way audio doorbell, any idea?

Hi guys .
I managed to setup a telegram photo notification when my doorbell is ringed.
I would like to add some sort of two way audio capabilities to it. I saw a lot of commercial product with such feature but I can’t change my current doorbell because is shared with my parents.
I was thinking about stripping out a commercial product, some on amazon is quite cheap and integrate it in the existing hardware. Is there someone who made something similar already?
Another idea is to insert in the existing doorbell a raspberry pi zero with google meet wired to a mic and a speaker
thx
Andrea

I had the old time push the button doorbell, with ding-dong chimes, and replaced the old doorbell with a WiFi video doorbell. I added a new power supply to power the video doorbell (using mostly existing wiring), and kept the existing power supply to power the doorchimes and added some wiring between the doorchimes and a Zwave relay output in momentary mode to activate the chimes. I later added two-way audio using asterisk and some software I made to go with it.
Maybe take a look at thread on some of this.

There are several other doorbell projects on the forum you can probably find as well.

thank you very much for your replay , the problem about all the solutions I found on the forum is the use of a new doorbell system. For me isn’t possible to change it because is shared with my parents.
This is the reason I am searching for a solution on how adding some sort of 2 way com in “parallel” at the existing doorbell.
what I am thinking about is a raspberry pi zero with hangout or similar a speaker and a microphone hided in the case of the existing doorbell.
My entrance gate is reached by my own wi-fi network and electricity also there is space for extra installation boxes .
My idea is when I receive an incoming telegram message that someone ringed the bell when I will be outside I can fire up hangout for talk with my phone ,while retaining the current speaking system If I will be at home.
Hope it make sense and excuse me for my bad english.

Hey @claustro, I started a feature request. feel free to support it: Two-Way Audio (e.g. for doorbell, intercom, camera-systems, baby-monitors, sip, …) - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)