DNS Resolution for .local or .lan TLD

So I mean since you have no DNS issues detected in ha resolution info you can try disabling the fallback DNS by doing ha dns options --fallback=false. That shouldn’t fix it but if it does please submit a bug here. It thought I had fixed the issue where coreDNS would get “stuck” on the fallback but perhaps not.

Although I have to say the real headscratcher is that nslookup adguard.lan 192.168.1.2 didn’t work. You’re certain if you run that same command on some other machine on your network it works? I mean that command basically doesn’t even involve HAOS. The SSH addon is essentially just an alpine linux system and its talking straight to port 53 on your machine via nslookup. Which I assume Adguard is listening on. I’m really at a loss how that could fail but some other machine on your network could succeed…

On that site I just have a RPi with HAOS+AdGuard, a router and few Home Automation Devices so I cannot try from e.g. a windows PC.

I tried on other sites and it works, but the site with this issue is the only running AdGuard as HAOS addon. Not sure if this can have an impact.