Do I still need a Zigbee hub, can it be used as an extender?

Hi, I will soon be moving from Smart Life/Tuya environment to HA with Zigbee dongle. After I connect my Zigbee devices, will I also be able to connect the Tuya Zigbee hub, and is there any need to? Maybe as an extender of the Zigbee network? Thanks

all powered devices are acting as repeater.

your zigbee2usb will be the controller, so no need for the hub (but as you said, it can be used as repeater)

1 Like

Is it 100% sure that this Tuya zigbee hub can function as a repeater?

@LB51: you might want to have a look at this for a smooth zigbee experience Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization especially the part for using an USB coordinator.

1 Like

I have multimode gateway connected to my ha. Its something like tuya zigbee hub. I integrated this using alexa integration as it is not supported in ha, at least it wasnt a year ago. I use this to integrate tuya switch bots.
I don’t think you can use this as extender because this is not extender. This hub acts as a gateway only as I know.

1 Like

You can not use your Tuya gateway as a Zigbee repeater/extender device, but you will need to buy other devices thqt act as Zigbee Router devices, see Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage