Do we have a New SONOFF (Dimmer)

Is there any update? I’m willing to test with my D1 dimmer.

There is some talk over on Tasmota’s github. https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/issues/7598

1 Like

@digiblur just did this

Any advance on using it via ESPHome or Tasmota?

Theo has just created a Tasmota version, but it’s pretty fresh.

He has updated it now and it seems to work really good. I have it flashed on one of mine and it is connected to HA and reporting status even when I change dimming with the remote.

2 Likes

did you tasmota it

Yes i have 1 of 2 running tasmota now.

Would you be so kind as to share how you done this please? I can’t seem to get anything working. D1 is a pain.

Flashing is pretty straight forward using J04 header and the pin marked 0 on the front side. The pinouts for J04 is on the backside. Dont forget to Tx to Rx and Rx to Tx on your usb flasher. The pad marked 0 is GPIO 0 and it needs to be grounded when booting to put it in flashing mode.

4 Likes

Thank you for this I will be sure to try it.

May be a silly question, but do the two separate boards need to be connected together when flashing or can the lower board be flashed on its own?

Thanks again!

thanks bro

Just flash it now the hard bit wire it in and make a push switch for GPIO 0

Not silly at all. No the top board has all the low voltage circuitry so it doesnt need to be connected to anything else as long as it gets power. When I was testing I powered off of my usb ttl adapter using J04 with 3.3v and ground pins .

1 Like

yeap same power off the USB

about to wire in the MAINS

if see smoke on the horizons that was me

1 Like

Thank you so much. I managed to get it all working!! Really appreciate your help.

I also managed to flash an ESP8266-01 which I’ve had for some time, bought a few of them and used them with Arduino. But Tasmota offers so much more. Planning on using them for temperature sensors around the house.

Sorry, off topic.

With this D1 dimmer, the RF remote seems to be working better than it did with stock firmware. Does Tasmota affect the RF module?

Also @myle how did you get on?

Thanks all. Loving this community!

no smoke :slight_smile:

still thinking of the manual switch

Sorry for the late response but no Tasmota didnt change the RF chip at all. I was having a ton of ghost switching issues but clearing the RF codes and forcing it to relearn the remote worked on both of mine. It took a few times on one of them but now I think we are clear of that issue

1 Like

Thanks for a wealth of information, this has been really useful. I have the ghost switching problem mentioned by Robbz, so I’ve been troubleshooting the RF circuitry. The “590R 1933” is a Synoxo 590R ASK decoder chip (it took me ages to find any info on it, a full 20 minutes!). It takes the ariel input, and does all the RF and IF (intermediate frequency) work to output the ASK string on pin 7; in terms of operation, thats the only significant pin worth looking at :).

For anyone who’s interested and finds their way here, I think the ghost switching is caused by a combination of the undersized RF ariel and the AGC (automatic gain control) built directly into that chip; I suspect it ramps up a weak signal and introduces distortion that results in the darned thing turning in by itself when it receives any signal thats close to the paired RF remote control. I’m doing further tests to prove it. Either that, or the next chip in the sequence is misinterpreting the ASK message.

Can anyone confirm that a D1 with firmware 3.5.0 will flash Tasmota OK ?
Have flashed most Sonoff devices but this one is fighting!
Unit is working OK with eWeLink…

Cheers

There’d be a lot of people interested in your solution both here & on the Tasmota forum. I know I have this problem as well.