Does anyone have UPB Working?

I’m considering a move to HASS and wondering if anyone has UPB working yet? Can’t switch all of my UPB stuff yet and my whole house is setup with it currently.

No, see UPB lighting

Thanks. That was old enough I thought it was worth checking.

That thread did show something that was working but hackey.

These don’t get done unless some people get involved, trying, testing, feeding back.

I’ll say yes and no. I have it working but all control is through an ElkM1 automation panel. The lighting through the panel works well so far.

Thanks for all the info. Not ready to get an M1. So I may just have to hang on a bit.

Hi,

I see the M1 does lots of stuff, but if I were getting that to integrate all my lights, security, water, etc. then I wouldn’t need HA, right? (and I’d be out lots of cash!)

-Ambi

I treat the ElkM1 as a security panel that also does automation.

Back to the UPB topic, the ElkM1 is so so with lighting. Great for control. Not so great for tracking. It does not track the state of lights activated through a UPB scene. That could be a bug in my setup but if so I have not figured out how to fix it yet.

To track UPB states when using Links you have to import the Upstart export file. I’m not sure with Elk but from my experience programming hass for UPB I had to do that for it to work. What happens is the link is sent but when devices react to links they do not advertise their state so by importing the file you can determine the state by referencing the export file where links are defined.

Yeah, I expected so. The useful thing with UPB is you can still used programmed scenes even if HA is down. But that’s via UPStart. I had my kitchen lights have a scene for 30% illumination by double tapping the down paddle, and 80% by doubletapping the up paddle.

But, with not a lot of new options, and HA not easily supporting UPB, I took out all my switches and replaced them with GE Smart Switches (Zigbee) for lights and dimmers, and Z-Wave for fans. Z-Wave also lets me use the Aeon 6-way sensors.

It all works fine, and now I have a box of 3-year old UPB switches…may need to go to eBay! :smiley:
Cheers,

Ambi

If the price is right, I would be interested in purchasing a few switches. Should I send you a PM to discuss the details?