Dont Turn Lights On when in Bed

about the iPhone sensor, it is horribly out of order most of the time… but the outlet power meter is exactly what I use. Switches off automatically when 100% powered. Apple can’t do that yet.

And about not switching the lights on, I’ve set that in the Hue app on the motion sensor. Don’t switch the sensor off, but simply don’t turn on the lights during the sleep time period.

I use the motion sensor to do switch on the power to my bed lights, that have a small led pointing to the floor. So when we have to get out of bed, we’re not in the black dark, but can faintly see where we’re going :wink: turns off after 1 minute of no movement with a wait_template.

Cool to see each has their own.

1 Like

Why don’t you use a smart power plug to detect when phone is plugged in. That’s how I handle it for my wife’s iPhone she would simply not play the need to press anything game before bed.

that’s a cool way! YOu have one or more then one sensor below the bed? In a usual setting you have two sides where you put down your feet (left and right). MAybe putting the sensor centrally (towards the third side) will cover both left and right?

Love the idea of a small LED to provide some fill light for late night bathroom trips.
I plan on making a load cell bed occupancy sensor, maybe if I have a spare output on the ESP I can do the same! I’ll just get a nice warm white wide angle LED and point it down at our carpet (the ESP will be fitted the center of the underside of our bed frame).