Door lock is showing problem status indefinitely

I recently migrated from the OpenZWave integration to the ZWave JS integration.

Before the migration, if the door lock was jammed I looked at a status code and I was able to detect a jammed lock and alert me of it.

After the migration, that status code is no longer available. Now there is a Door Lock Jammed device and when the door is jammed it changes to Problem. This would be great except that the jammed status is set to Problem even though the lock is NOT jammed. I’ve locked and unlocked the door and still the jam status shows Problem.

Any ideas?

The “stuck” lock jam is a known driver issue. There is currently no fix. You can try some workarounds.

If your device exposes the alarm type and alarm level entities (disabled by default, view the Device page and enable them), and those reflect the lock jam state, you can create a template sensor based on those values.

You can use some Python script code to reset the state of the entity after some time or other event (e.g. unlock or lock).

You can use a zwave_js.value_updated trigger in a trigger-based template sensor.

Awesome thanks! I was thinking it was a bug.

I have several other sensors that are disabled but when I click them the say they are unavailable. :frowning:

You have to enable them to make them available.

Found it thanks!