Doorbell cameras

I use the Unifi doorbell and it integrates with HA very nicely. I get notifications, I can view front door on HA and It stores events for last 14 days to my cloud key. Downside is if you are not in the unifi eco-system it can be expensive to get the switches and cloud key.

1 Like

The Reolink is really the best package for me so far. Very good quality and has all important features.

I use the WiFi version and moved one of my repeaters close to the wall where the doorbell is mounted on the outside.

That also works also perfectly stable with a high res stream 24/7 to my nvr software.

1 Like

The Amcrest AD410 is not bad either. But the Reolink seems to the better.

I’m just testing Dahua VTO2211G. HA recognized it easily (via dahua integration, and also with onvif camera integration), in HA i have image, a bunch of sensors (like movement detection, pressing ring button…), but i didn’t yet test how/if audio can be done from HA to doorbell. I guess that some kind of SIP server must be use in HA… but i guess i won’t be using audio via HA aynyway, since my goal is to know when someone is ringing and have a video.

Another vote for the reolink poe - replaced my aged ( and expensive ) doorbird

Anyone want to offer opinions on local vs. cloud-based solutions? Is the Reolink fully local? Any others?

The unifi doorbell is local 100%

1 Like

You can setup the Reolink without any app, without internet and without creating any useless vendor accounts, just using your browser.

It supports ONVIF including 2 way audio and the doorbell signal. So no need for an cloud account and you‘re completely free to use any NVR software.

I use it with Scrypted NVR, which also bridges the doorbell to HomeKit, so you get HomeKit Secure Video and 2 way audio here too.

1 Like

Recently I got my first Reolink and I’m impressed at the many functionalities it offers and the HA integration. Thinking on getting Reolinks from now on instead of Amcrests.

1 Like

Same here for Reolink: Installed like a charm, impressive build&image quality, exposed 45 entities directly into HA, all local, what`s not to like?

1 Like

How does the 2 way audio work with home assistant?

1 Like

As far as I know the Reolink integration does not support two-way audio. Some people have managed to set it up with some devices, but it takes some manual config. Feature request.

Thanks all, ended up with a reolink WiFi which is working perfectly

2 Likes

Could you give some detail as to how you have installed it and integrated it? Are you using frigate or the onboard sd card? Were there any difficulties in installing it?

2 Likes

I already had a door bell button wired to an old broken door bell so I used the wiring from that to connect power.

I used the Reolink iPhone app to set it up

I installed the Reolink IP NVR/camera integration and then added the doorbell via its IP

I have an SD card installed in the camera that stores any video triggered from the cameras motion sensor and person detection.

I then use the entities published from the camera to trigger automations. E.g. person detected turns on the porch light if it’s dark outside.

Also have an alert that is sent to my phone with a snapshot from the camera if the button is pressed.

So in summary, pretty easy!

2 Likes

Hey all,

Im looking at the REOLink POE doorbell, everyone raves about it but not in a position to easily wireup ethernet yet… (I could but i have loads of other things to do first). Does the POE camera also support Wifi as a backup?

Edit : Just discovered the WIFI version also supports hardwiring to my existing wiring, and has a RJ45, thats the best of both worlds in my books…

2 Likes

I’ve just found this thread as my blink doorbell is packing up and wanted something more HA friendly. I’ve read everyone going back and forth with the Reolink and the Unifi ones, but what’s peoples experience passing those into HomeKit integrations? I want to be able to store video in my iCloud instance and access video feed away from home, without setting up another account (I want to keep things as local as I can). Any thoughts?

keeping video on icloud is not particularly local, but no you cannot use iCloud with Reolink due to hardware limitations., but if you are looking at the Reolink doorbell, you can choose the SD card, NVR, your own FTP server, or their cloud service for storage.
If you choose local storage, then you are able to access video through the app which uses P2P between the doorbell and your remote access device, so you are not relying on streaming video through external servers. No account required I believe.

I have the reolink with a 32gb sd card which is enough to keep several days worth of video with quite sensitive movement detection. It does for what I need and it all integrates well with HA

Hi, New user here. What was the complete process to install the doorbell? Scripting? other services? Thanks!