Doorbell Recommendations

I have to come back and say that I have managed to fully integrate this doorbell with Synology Surveillance Station.

Now I have two way audio properly set up, a cloudless doorbell and no delays! I guess I have to agree that despites all the issues, if you manage to configure it as local only, this is a great doorbell.

There might be some news in the future since they launched a new product:

3 Likes

Mind sharing what steps you took?

1 Like

Sure!

Take a look at: Fully Offline Video Doorbell for Home Assistant - Amcrest AD110

Instead of using Blue Iris I am using Synology Surveillance Station. It has an option to add a new camera and then you can just choose AMCREST AD110 for automatic configurations. It works like a charm!

1 Like

Wow that is amazing. Can you please explain the 2 way audio in Hass? Regards Mark

Hi! I am actually using the 2 way audio feature in another app: Synology Surveillance Station

But then you need a Synology NAS.

You probably can do the same if you use Blue Iris.

Idk if you can use this functionality within Home Assistant. It would be even better!

I don’t think 2-way audio in HA is possible. You can get 1-way audio using the custom WebRTC card but nothing more. That works, because the stream isn’t going via HA. HA merely provides the configured URL to the browser which then opens the stream directly.

2 Likes

I’m already happy with what I have right now

• Camera is on MotionEye and will send a notification when movement is detected
  • As soon as I receive my ESP01 I will add my existing doorbell and chime to HA and send me a notification when someone rings the bell
  • I will keep on using my existing camera app for 2 way communication when I want to interact with the ringer
1 Like

Here is another option that I have tested in Home Assistant and openHAB with some thoughts on how it works and compares to other options.

Working doorbell: Hikvision DS-HD1 - Tutorials & Examples / Solutions - openHAB Community

I have two doorbirds installed. Mobile software is poorly structured. Most importantly, image quality just sucks. Weird colors at times, low res, etc…

1 Like

Didn’t really have to try did ya

1 Like

Bumped a year old thread to call someone out. facepalm

5 Likes

Well I was looking for the same thing OP was, and there it was…just calling to me. Calling OPs post pointless when OPs post was the very first result when I was searching for help.

1 Like

yet your post was pointless.

2 Likes

So your second post here is just to rip someone out. Good going, you’re gonna be a popular guy.

4 Likes

Never said my post wasn’t chief. Not going for popularity, looking for solid info. Which was provided because OP asked a question.

1 Like

Ouch, that hurt. Thanks for the wake up call.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed the sudden flurry of cheap (like sub GBP£30) video doorbells that have appeared on eBay in the past week or two? Anyone have any positive experience with any of these?

You got a link?

No. Try “smart doorbell” into eBay. There’s tonnes of them.

How unhelpful of you. We need more unhelpful people asking for reviews on products located by ill defined searches.

1 Like