Doorbird integration

That’s weird…I can’t find anything mismatched in the code that would cause that. But the current code in HA isn’t the latest version, because they have yet to merge in my update for the latest firmware.

My device finally got a firmware update so I went to the latest API docs to see how to implement it, but they still haven’t documented a relay schedule trigger:

Hi Klikini,

it looks like Doorbird.py needs to be updated to work with new Auth method starting from version 0.77.
Do you have any plan to do this?

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/15376#issuecomment-415890552

Had this been updated?

Is it possible to pull the timestamp associated with motion / doorbell events into the HA integration?

Also would be great if live image had a timestamp.
(Have email doorbird with this suggestion - standard dorbird reply of we will include in feature list etc etc)

How about being able to cast the camera view when the door bell is rung?

if you do a search, many examples of casting camera feeds through an automation when a bell is rung

Thanks, I wasn’t aware.

I just opened a PR to handle auth for the web view instead of relying on the api_password.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/16504

As part of the PR I opened to update Doorbird auth (see above), I also added a timestamp and all available live video and image URLs to the event_data that is fired with the event. The Doorbird HA integration doesn’t have the capability to directly embed the timestamp into the image, but this should be helpful for using in automations. It should be noted that the timestamp is the time that HA receives the event from the Doorbird, so it should be very close to the actual time the event occurred, but will likely not be an exact match of any timestamp found in the Doorbird app for the same event.

1 Like

Cool!!!

great!

I’m still new to hassio, so excuse the simple question. I have doorbird correctly configured at the moment. With the above PR (I assume public release) does it get rolled out with a cuter hassio update, or is it done manually.

FYI I am using hass os.

PR means pull request. It is a contribution of new code to the HA project. Once the PR is approved and merged into HA, the updates will show up when you upgrade your HA install. I don’t use hassio or hass os, so I cant speak to how an upgrade works. This addition of the auth token is a breaking change, so you will need to add one to your configuration when you do upgrade after the PR is merged.

I think i mentioned it, but from support i got “The “dooropen” event is not part of it yet, but will be updated with the next firmwares, most likely 000113”

All,

I need some help with the doorbird integration in Home-Assistant.
I am running the latest version of HASSIO and followed the documentation on the Doorbird component.

There are 2 Topics:

1. I got the camera working, but would only like to see the active camera feed, not the snapshot of the last person pushing the doorbell.
  2. Somehow I think I don’t get the doorbell event, as I just can’t get the automation I made to be triggered.

Below is my config:

doorbird:
  devices:
    - host: 192.168.0.X
      username: My_UserName
      password: My_PassWord
      name: Front Door

Automation Part:
- alias: Doorbell
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: doorbird_front_door_doorbell
  action:
    - service: switch.turn_on
      data:
        entity_id: switch.Doorbell_Pushed

Any tips or hits are more then welcome!
Thanks!

I’m not sure, but when I review the documentation it states that you need to monitor events by specifying monitored_conditions ?

1. If you use lovelace, you can just display the live image
  2. you need to add monitored conditions as per the documentation. https://www.home-assistant.io/components/doorbird/

Hi Fergalom,

I added the monitored conditions, but somehow I still don’t have an event triggered.
I am new to HASSIO, is there a way to see if the event actually gets triggered and in what form.

Thanks!

Did you restart the hassio after changing the configuration.yaml?
Also you wont see the event in logs unless you have logger set to the correct level to observe them.

configuration.yaml (hassio needs a restart if changing)

logger:
default: warn

Then you need to trigger the event to see it in the logs

unfortunately still can’t get it to work, even with the logger enables, I can’t see the event.