Dooya Curtain Motor RS485

I bought the pogo pins from china and have the jig printed. End result, pogo pins too thick for the jig and jig didn’t print correctly too, still using my steady hands and some tape to flash TYWE3S sometimes. :frowning:

Please do share some of your tubular motor pics and the wiring.

Hmm you may have to use the appropriate diameter PCB drill bits to clean up the holes to insert the pogo pins, and a soldering iron to then fuse them in place with the plastic, I’ve designed and printed the above PSF-B04 I just uploaded to thingiverse in case anyone wants to flash one.

Please do share some of your tubular motor pics and the wiring.

Sure! Here you go:

Wiring is still a mess now as I haven’t got about finalising an enclosure :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: thinking of changing my current power distribution setup to DIN ones getting one of such DIN consumer unit enclosures used for MCBs to house everything. As for the RS485 wires, these Krone punchdown block junction boxes used by telcoms to terminate telephone wiring seems to be just perfect!

Tks for the suggestion on using a drill bit to widen the hole. Why didnt i think of that. Now to go find a drill bit that is suitable.

And thank you for sharing your shades project. Good learning experience just by looking at your pics.

Happy to share :slight_smile:
Didn’t realise there are HA-ready devices for sale in taobao until you shared that link. Goes to show how far HA has come.
It is however getting harder (at least for smart wall switches) to find ESP8266-based devices nowadays, everyone seems to be moving to ARM Cortex-M3 chipsets like the W600 or RTL8710.
When it does die off we’ll have to come up with our own reprap-like hardware designs.

Yes, they are phasing out the TYWE3S chip and replace with another chip with combined bluetooth and wifi. I’ve been trying hard to find alternatives 4gang wall switches that is based on TYWE3S, used to buy from alibaba and easily flash it with tuya-convert, then when tuya convert cannot be used, have to manually ground the tuya MCU to flash and then finally they totally changed to a new chip.

We are going off topic for this thread, will PM you to chat.

Hi…No one utilizing RS485 on Somfy blinds/conceals? Is everybody with robotized blinds a RFXtrx433E? In the event that that is the thing that I need to count on, has anybody had issues with the RFXtrx433E not having adequate reach to hit all Somfy engines (for example Sonesse) inside a house 3500-4000 sq ft? Do individuals change out recieving wires on the RFXtrx433E and eliminate the superfluous conventions? The manual doesn’t say a lot regarding genuine circumstances in American homes (e.g., placing the RFXtrx433E in the cellar and it sending through two subfloors to arrive at the second room windows) aside from % range decrease through wood versus concrete.

printed circuit boards