Driver support for HB-RF-USB & HB-RF-USB-2

Hi guys,

i just searching for a way to integrate my CCU as a part of HA as addon. But i can’t use the original pi’s GPIOs because they already used. For me it’s nothing more like a bridge to get the componentes running.

Alex Reinert already published USB connectors where you can put the original OEM HomeMatic wireless modules from RaspberryMatic or CCU. (RPI-RF-MOD or HM-MOD-RPI-PCB)

Is it possible to implement Alex drivers to HA to use this functionallity also on HA?

Thanks!

I am looking for the exact same thing. Have you had any success?

Do you know where to find the driver? I am running Home Assistant on Ubuntu currently and I would like to try manually installing them.

Hi Daniel,

in meanwhile i spoke with Alexander Reinert hisself and ask him for an idea. He told me that it should be enough to implement the udev rule and the CP210x drivers should be loaded. They are implemented already but not loading default with the device.

udev rule: ACTION==“add”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“10c4”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“8c07”, RUN+="/sbin/modprobe cp210x" RUN+="/bin/sh -c ‘echo 1b1f c020 >/sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/cp210x/new_id’"

So i have the udev rule but i found no place where i can add it, /etc/udev or /usr/lib/udev are not existing. The home assistant documentaiton is not really helpfull for that…

I have installed debmatic directly to the OS and can use it like that for now, but I want to move to a fully supported installation and thus the official homematic addon.

My home assistant runs on Ubuntu on a Intel NUC. I’ve followed these instructions:
https://github.com/alexreinert/debmatic/blob/d9a1509e62db07e86e2fe281485dc95d16532b64/docs/setup/otheros.md

I was able to set the udev rule by creating a file in /etc/udev/rules.d/ but that is Ubuntu specific.

I have dedicated Pi4 for Home Assistant OS and old Pi2B for Debmatic with HB-RF-USB-2. That would nice if I can skip second system or separate configuration for Homematic connections and migrate to HA OS only. I’m also could not find how can I configure driver in HA OS.

I’ve found this manual. It is possible to write to /etc/udev.

[Solved] How to include a script to initialize USB device on Hass.io/HassOS startup

I’ve put string Alexander Reinert gave you. But it does not work for me. I’ll continue test.

Just for reference, I’ve removed all classic Homematic devices and replaced them with HMIP devices and I am now using a HmIP-RFUSB stick and RaspberryMatic. I’ve found RaspberryMatic to work much better than the official HomeMatic CCU addon.

I’ve also moved to the official NUC image of Home Assistant OS.

did any of you guys get this to work?