DSC Alarm Help

I don’t use hassio (too restrictive) so I don’t know for sure but I’m pretty sure you don’t need to run anything. As long as HA can access the usb serial device, it will work. The only reason you need to run something is if you want to use the stand alone alarmdecoder web api. In general there’s no reason to do that if you have HA running though.

Yeah- FXS and I have had another thread on this. I dug through the envisalink API docs, and there doesn’t appear to be any way to say “give me the current chime status”. One of those limitations I guess. The Honeywell panels do a better job of reporting the chime status.

Check this project out, all it takes is an esp8266 and a few resistors and transistors and you can have full control of your DSC panel. I built one in about an hour and now my DSC is up and running in Home Assistant!

I think this is what you need: https://coiaca.com/index.php/product/wifi-mqtt-bridge-for-dcs-alarm-systems-pc1555mx-pc5015-pc1616-pc1832-pc1864-no-case-bridge-dsc01/

Hi federico,
we tried to integrate DSC1864 with BRDSC01-LLE through Mqtt, but BRDSC01 is not communicating with mqtt broker on home assistant…
note: with Cdash application it works fine…

If it´s working with cDash app, it should work with HA as well.
You just need to configure the board with the broker IP (usually the same as HA), port 1883, username and password and uncheck the option for routing all traffic through the remote management connection.

Yes it’s working fine after unchecking the option for routing all traffic through the remote management connection.

Thank you.

Sorry for revisiting an old tread, but I’m trying to get the “Ready to Alarm” sensor to work but I get “unavailable” when I use your code. Any idea if this still works with the latest HA version?

Sorry, I don’t use the Envisalink any more.
Moved to a new place and am on konnected.io now.