DSMR Reader Add-on for Home Assistant

Ok, thanks I removed it from the timescale_enabled as I’m not running it for long and don’t mind that my data is probably gone.

I am running HA OS 7.1 with Core 2021.12.8 on an Intel NUC with Proxmox. Do you require more information?

I run HAOS 2021.12.9 on a Dell Wase 5020 with 32gb flashdrive which according to HA is about 61% full.a

Maybe my problems are because I am also using the port for

- platform: dsmr

I also tried adding my MQTT settings to the DSMR reader to check whether it works in Home Assistant, but I entered something wrong. I can see in the logs that DSMR reader is again restarting a lot, but now I am unable to enter DSMR reader completely. Sometimes the login page shows up, but when I enter it probably restarts already and it shows that the page is unreachable… (I also tried removing and readding it, but it looks like it remembers the MQTT settings)
So basically I am locked out now… How do I change my MQTT settings now?

You can’t run both this and the DSMR Reader addon as they both need the USB port. With this integration you can get the data back in HA: DSMR Reader - Home Assistant

You can try to change the MQTT settings in the database, it’s in the dsmr_mqtt_mqttbrokersettings table.

Thanks. I think I got it to work.
However I don’t get the data back in HA with the link you provided. All sensors are created, but all of them show “unknown”.
MQTT log shows:

1641999673: New client connected from 172.30.32.1 as DSMR-reader (p2, c1, k60, u'mosquitto').
1641999764: Client DSMR-reader has exceeded timeout, disconnecting.

Does this matter? Do you know what I could be doing wrong?

ADDED LATER:
I also found this in the DSMR Reader settings, so there are 0 outgoing MQTT messages. Why is this? I selected all of the split topics under MQTT.

This looks interesting! Thanks for developing & maintaining this!

I am currently running a ‘native’ DSMR reader on a Rpi3.
I am planning to install HA on a Rpi3 (or 4) and integrate DSMR Reader into that…

Would I be able to restore my DSMR reader database into this HA-installed Add-on version?
(Because it seems like a Docker installed ‘in’ HA, a bit tricky maybe…)

So something like:

• Get a fresh Pi, install Raspbian & update etc.
  • Install HA
  • Install DSMRR-Add On
  • Restore dsmr DB (how?)

Yes that’s possible. I did it through the console of the timescale DB container. See this issue

1 Like

2022-01-17: 0.7.3 Image update and debug option

First you need to check if DSMR and MQTT are configured correctly. An app like http://mqtt-explorer.com/ could help you with this.

Is there a possibilty you could add the option to add DSMR Reader to the side bar like other addons have as well?

If you are accessiing HA over http you can use a iframe Panel - Home Assistant

I am accessing HA over https, so that’s not an option unfortunately.
Is that also a problem when adding it to the side bar by adding it to the addon, or not?

Ingress would be the best way to do this but i’m struggling a bit how this should be set-up, see my last comment in this issue: Reverse proxy support · Issue #24 · sanderdw/hassio-addons · GitHub

2022-01-18: 0.7.4 Reverting again to solve CPU and backup permission errors

If I understand there are 3 possibilities to get the dsmr data:

What is the difference between these? Advantages/disadvantages?

The first one is indeed a separate solution, which works on it’s own. Downside is that you don’t get all the features the DSMR Reader is providing: About DSMR-reader — DSMR-reader v4 documentation

The second option is in fact an addition to this addon (see step 12 in hassio-addons/dsmr_reader at master · sanderdw/hassio-addons · GitHub). This addon by itself don’t integrate any ‘sensors’ into HA. So use them in a combination :slight_smile: .

Ok, can’t help you with that unfortunately, but I hope you can find a solution soon! :grinning:

Hi Rednas, could you explain what you did to solve so that the pluging doesn’t restart everytime? Mine is also crashing al the time and the webinterface is not reachable.

I had to disable the default platform: dsmr as it’s not able to use the same USB port together.

Who is willing to test the 1.0.0 beta release which includes DSMR Reader 5.0?
I want to be sure it’s properly tested first before putting it into production.

You will need to uninstall the repository version and manually download and install this beta version.
You can download the new version here: https://github.com/sanderdw/hassio-addons/tree/v5

1. On the v5 branch download the zip file of the repository (Code → Download ZIP)
  2. From the zip file, place only the dsmr_reader folder in \\yourhomeassistant\addons
  3. Go to the addons page and remove the 0.7.4 version (remember your settings).
  4. On the addons page go to the ADD-ON STORE
  5. On the top right right press the 3 dots and “Check for updates”
  6. You should see DSMR Reader appearing under local addons
  7. Install and reconfigure (options are changed)

Please report here if there are any issue’s, questions.

Thanks!