DSMR Reader Add-on for Home Assistant

Hey Sander,

Thanks for the update 3 weeks ago. But since Timescale 4.0.1 (2 weeks now) i’m getting the warning back like last year (see: Link). Addon is using a “old version” of the "pg_dump” backup tool. Timescale 4.0.1 is working with Postgresql 16.2

Thanks for looking in to it.
p.s. How is it going with your son?

pg_dump: error: aborting because of server version mismatch
pg_dump: detail: server version: 16.2; pg_dump version: 15.6
2024-03-31 17:39:40,310 ERROR    schedule     execute_scheduled_processes      39 | (AttributeError) dsmr_backup.services.backup.run errored: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'read'

Working with HA in VM (Proxmox)

So you see the DSMR Reader putting messages on the MQTT broker? Did you follow these instructions? DSMR Reader - Home Assistant

As the underlying image needs to support this i created a feature request: Postgresql client Upgrade (pg_dump) · Issue #351 · xirixiz/dsmr-reader-docker · GitHub

After this is done i can release a new version.

Thank you for asking, my son is doing really great and his older brother is taking good care of him :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Good to hear that all is going good Sander :heart: So mom and dad have a easy life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And thanks for making the the request. We will see the update eventually :grin:

Yeah sure, when i read de MQTT messages (using MQTT explorer) is see the DSMR messages.
Schermafbeelding 2024-04-02 203943
but when i look at the entities :

Within de DSMR config:
Schermafbeelding 2024-04-02 204448

Hey @TheCosmicGate, like Sander was saying. Do you have installed beside the DSMR reader Addon (from Sander) installed the DSMR Reader in “intergrations” ?

sure i did

Schermafbeelding 2024-04-02 211601

Okay @TheCosmicGate, I couldn’t see it in your other message :wink: but try to remove the dsmr intergration and reinstall it again.

1 Like

That seems to be the solution for now. It’s working again

1 Like

Anyone that has a working configuration for for DSMR Reader for Slimmelezer+ by Zuidwijk, connected via WiFi, and currently hooks directly with HA via ESPHome?

Or maybe it is not possible to connect to if from the add-on?

@marieper it’s not possible with esphome. Because DSMR Reader needs or a usb device (that shows the telegrams) or needs a telnet device. Sadly esphome doesn’t support that.

I thought that i read somewere you could flash the “slimmelezer” from Marcel with a other firmware, so it could use telnet. And then use DSMR Reader plugin :wink: (https://www.zuidwijk.com/using-esp-link/)

Not sure exactly but I thought to remember that it works with DMSR Reader, if that’s the case it could also work with the addon.

Thanks a million.

I’ll try it out, and I happen to have a spare Slimmeleze+ as I bought one extre when I beleived my original one had died.

1 Like

2024-04-16: DSMR Reader Add-on v 1.11.1, DSMR-reader v5.11
Changelog here

2 Likes

I experience an issue, possibly related to this reported issue.
The quick and dirty solution is to restart the add-on periodically. A small blueprint is a temporary solution:

alias: DSMR reader herstart
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    minutes: /10
condition: []
action:
  - service: hassio.addon_restart
    metadata: {}
    data:
      addon: 0826754b_dsmr_reader
mode: single

Bssed on the reported issue i created a new release as stability is essential. @EDouna , can you let me know if the issue is temperarly resolved with this release?

2024-04-17: DSMR Reader Add-on v 1.11.2, DSMR-reader v5.11
Changelog here

On it. Downloading and I will monitor it - I’ll keep you posted.

At first sight this seems to stabilize my situation. Further details are shared on Github. Thanks Sander!

2024-04-22: DSMR Reader Add-on v1.11.3, DSMR-reader v5.11
Changelog here

1 Like