DSMR Reader Add-on for Home Assistant

Port 80 is the internal port, you have to use 7777 when you use the default configuration.

You can check the original DSMR Reader documentation on how to backup en restore or use the backup and restore mechanisms documented here. You can check my earlier post how to step into the addon (you need to activate cli access).

Helaas werkt dit niet op een NUC ik heb geen docker.
Ik heb hem als een addon in HASS geinstalleerd

You can also restore a backup with the db console in portainer. See my last reply in this thread.

@nelbs I cannot execute these commands under the CLI of homeassistant docker exec … it does not understand I do not work with dockers either. your link to portainer is not mentioned.
Just accept that I cannot restore the old data for a month

Not sure if you know this but if you install addons like this one and for example the TimescaleDB addon your basically running Docker underneath.

So if you install this addon and deactivate the protection you just can use Docker commands. But be careful as you can brake everything…

First of all a big thankyou to anyone contributed to this plugin !

My DSMR reader is functioning well but I’m struggeling getting the data into HomeAssistant to have the graphs/data there as well (sensors ‘unknown’)

DSMR:

HomeAssistant & DSMR settings / Errors

Anyone has an idea what I am doing wrong?

It’s quite a chain where this can go wrong, so first things first.

First you need to make sure mqtt is configured properly with a username(s) and password(s) like this:

After this you can check with a tool such as mqtt-exporer to see if you can connect (you need the external hass ip here).

Configure DSMR Reader again with the username and password you set-up (internal hostname seems ok in your screenshot) and see if messages are coming in in the mqtt-explorer?

If all works correctly you then you need to add the mqtt integration to HA and configure https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/dsmr_reader/

2021-04-04: 0.4.0 Update to DSMR-reader v4.15.0

1 Like

And @stijnd could it be that your sensors became unavailable because there are two sensors reading your p1-port (dsmr-reader and the other one)?

I’m having a similar issue. I always used the slimme meter-addon. I recently installed dsmr-reader.
When i run both the sensors created by slimme meter-addon become unavailable.

Perhaps a p1-port splitter solves this issue allowing both sensors to read the p1-port simultaniously?

Reinstalled everything and now it works… :slight_smile:

Edit: too fast, current power return & usage no values :frowning:

2021-04-06: 0.4.1 Update to DSMR-reader v4.15.1

1 Like

Working correctly here:

Maybe you can try to reset all the mappings?
So these ones:

• Day consumption: Split topic
  • Gas consumption: Split topic
  • Meter Statistics: Split topic
  • Telegram: Split topic

Default value’s are on top of each settings page.

1 Like

Do you have an explanation why I don’t receive any updates of the addon anymore? I’ve got one last month (mid march), but afterwards nothing anymore. Even now there seems to be no update in my case…

Why are all the icons missing? Seems that you have a more general issue here.

What happens when you manually check? Press reload like in the screenshot.

2021-04-20: 0.4.2 Update to DSMR-reader v4.15.2

1 Like

Hello, thanks very much for the DSMR Reader. Very impressive. One thing, though, I can’t seem to export a .CSV file as a download. When I click the Download export button, no download occurs. This failure occurs when using either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome as my browser.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2021-05-17: 0.5.0 Update to DSMR-reader v4.16.2

1 Like

Can you try again with the new version?

Still no luck, I’m afraid, with either Edge or Google Chrome, and I am running the latest version: