Duke Energy Gateway - Realtime Smart Meter Readings

This looks like an AMI AptioV bios image. You can explore it using UEFITool. I’ve tried booting an ubuntu live usb on it to no avail. It’s possible we can modify the BIOS image to change the boot order and be able to boot off USB to install whatever we want on the board. Not having a display output makes it harder, but I’m having fun learning.

Side note, relatively new to hardware. How did you identify the EEPROM chip & dump it? Any resources you can point me to (or pictures of it for this board)?

same same; this is a first for me. I am not overly concerned with the lack of display, this is just a larger SBC.
I dumped the BIOS EEPROM with an EEPROM programmer.
this is the EEPROM chip - I used my iPhone camera to get some decent macro pics and I was able to barely make out the serial.

From there - you can use a flash dumper to get the contents of the EEPROM and it spits out the above linked file. I have a bunch of close-ups of the motherboard but mostly we know what they are - there is the realtek ethernet/wireless chipset, there is a TPM (which I might also have to dump if anyone wants to ever get the contents (potentially) of the onboard flash. I saw there are a few attack methods that might work but I have to (again) be a bit careful since I only have a single board and no re-work station.

I just found out about this now defunct program while surfing more info on using Emporia Vue 2 or 3. Has any program replaced this one or any alternatives? I want to get down to the circuit and device level, but love to have some way to monitor overall usage, just like on the Duke customer portal.

There isn’t at least from Duke Energy. I was just looking at the Emporia system. There isn’t an official integration, but there is one in HACS. Might be the go forward since it provides more granular details with the clamps versus getting just the total from Duke.

Yeah, same conclusion I reached. Shame getting the totals isn’t easier just to start, but longer term the Vue will be more meaningful.