Dumb Doorbell Integration To HA Via ESP Home (BYRON DBY-22324UK)

Hi there,

I am looking to integrate my dumb wireless doorbell into HA and would love some help.
I am quite new to this but all help will be very much appreciated!

Attatched are photos of the inside of my current doorbell wireless receiver (I also have a plug in one too) I also have a D1 Mini that isn’t used at the moment so if I could use this that would be great!

Thanks Joe

You could put rf receiver to your esp and abandon your doorbell receiver. The frequency should be printed somewhere, 433MHz if in Europe.
Otherwise you could get input from doorbells led to your esp.

@Karosm Getting input from the leds to my ESP sounds like the right way to go however I am unsure on how to do this, any help would be great!

Aslo thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

first detach that pcb and observe if there is led turning on when ringing the bell…

Yes all 3 LEDs illuminate when the bell is rang, they flash 3 times

ok, so you have two options, you can wire a phototransistor to esp or if you like soldering, get your input from the led leg.

I plan to try and get the input for the LED but no idea on how to do this or how to set it up in ESP home, I am VERY new to all this haha

you mean soldering or phototransistor? the last one is safer if you don’t have an idea “of anything” :grinning:

Soldering, I have a basic knowledge of electronics and soldering I just don’t know how to wire it up to get the information needed across to the D1 Mini

take your multimeter and measure the voltage of your led when on, then verify if that circuit is sourcing or sinking the led when it turns on.

You might be interested in reading a guide I just posted: Guide: how to make a cheap Byron doorbell smart