Duplicate Hue devices in Alexa (No Hue Skill in Alexa)

Howdy,

I apologize in advance since i think this has been asked a few times but i don’t see a solution.

• I have HA running and connected to my Hue bridge.
  • I’m using HA Cloud to integrate with Alexa.
  • I do not have the Hue skill enabled on the Alexa.

When i run discovery i see:

• Upstairs - Dimmable Light
  • Upstairs - Color Light

When i ask Alexa to turn on the Upstairs light she tells me that i have “multiple lights named “upstairs””

I can “forget” it via the Alexa app, but i’d rather she didn’t discover them in the first place.

My config looks like this. i assume i’m missing an exclude?

emulated_hue:
cloud:
  alexa:
    filter:
      exclude_domains:
         - sensor
         - light
         - input_boolean
         - automation
         - group

You probably need to exclude the Hue domain.

This is a guess as I don’t use cloud, but hue has it’s own component so isn’t under the light domain in that respect, albeit it creates ‘light’ entities.

hmm

cloud:
  alexa:
    filter:
       exclude_domains:
         - hue

Doesn’t seem to change anything. is there a different name i should use?

Thanks

No idea, was just guessing (apparently incorrectly :slight_smile: )

Ooooh, hang on, you’re sure it’s coming from the cloud component, not emulated_hue?

Hmm, this is where my ignorance shows. I believe it actually is, and should be, coming from emulated hue.

Before i went that route and excluded light i was getting triplicates instead of duplicates.

OK, is there a reason you’re using both cloud and emulated_hue?

Try commenting out emulated_hue and rediscover on Alexa. (you may want to ‘forget all’ before you discover)

Ah-ha! that did it. Thanks!

1 Like

Forgive MY ignorance, but how do I run that “forget all” bit? I have dupes, triplets, even quads of nearly all my devices - likely the result of starting in Hue, then ST, then Alexa, now HA. This weekend I refuse to see this impossible list of devices and just give up…

Visit your Alexa account via the website rather than the app, then look at your list of smart home devices. On that page is a forget all button :slight_smile: