DYI weather sensor integration in Lovelace UI changed with last update

Hi,

I fill my InfluxDB with weather data from a local station and feed this data into a template sensor, so I can use it in the weather card of the lovelace UI. So far this worked fine, but with one of the latest updates (not sure which one exactly - somewhere between 0.107.5 and 0.109.0) it does not translate the weather-condition to the actual “human readable” version anymore. It also does not show the nice little icons next to the details - while it still does in the official weather integrations.

Here is mine in 0.109.1:
Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, 1 May 2020_10h48m26s_015_
Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, 1 May 2020_10h48m34s_016_
Mine says “partlycloudy” and the attributes are lower case and have no icons)
Compare this to the official MET.no weather integration:
Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, 1 May 2020_10h48m52s_017_
Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, 1 May 2020_10h49m01s_018_

When I compare the attributes of my sensor and the MET.no integration, the are completely the same:

(of course, besides that my DYI-thingy is a “sensor” while the official integration is of type “weather”)

Any idea if this behaviour changed with the latest releases and if there is an easy way for me to adept this to my senor? Not really a big deal, but I am a fan of the little details (like the icons or the human readable condition).

Any help or hint is highly appreciated!
Winni

Yes, both the weather card and the way language translations were handled changed in 0.109.

Before creating a new topic:

1. Read the release notes topic. Taking particular note of breaking changes. See if there are similar reports to your experience there. Post your experience.

2. Check for similar issues on github (core and frontend, most likely the latter in this case) and open a new issue if one does not exist. Check both the open and closed issues (it may have been fixed already awaiting release).

1 Like