Dyson Component Not Working

Hi there, I have the same issue here. Without including the device, nothing is auto-discovered, by including it, I get the following error.
2018-12-22 19:34:35 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Creating new Dyson component

2018-12-22 19:34:35 2018-12-22 19:34:35 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Connected to Dyson account

2018-12-22 19:34:36 2018-12-22 19:34:36 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Unable to find device ***-UK-******** in Dyson account

2018-12-22 19:34:36 2018-12-22 19:34:36 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain dyson took 0.8 seconds.

The device shows in my online account, I made sure it is having a static IP, and the app and fan are up and running when I start HASS…no luck, still…ideas?

I have opened an issue on GitHub if you can offer any further information please comment.

1 Like

Done. Also have same problem.

1 Like

Hope this helps, as others I get the not found error in log file even if the fan is switched on prior to homeassistant restart. Note that I am running HASS in Docker, in case there are other ports / protocols that are needed to be open to allow detection. I have checked that the Dyson is visible via ping from the container.

configuration.yaml:

logger:
  default: warn
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.sensor.dyson: debug
    homeassistant.components.fan.dyson: debug
    homeassistant.components.dyson: debug

dyson:
  username: !secret dyson_user
  password: !secret dyson_password
  language: GB
  timeout: 10
  retry: 5
  devices:
    - device_id: XXX-UK-KXXXXXX
      device_ip: 192.168.xx.xxx

log message:

2019-03-11 18:22:17 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Creating new Dyson component
2019-03-11 18:22:17 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Connected to Dyson account
2019-03-11 18:22:17 WARNING (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Unable to find device XXX-UK-KXXXXXX in Dyson account
1 Like

Is this feature only available for the US Dyson models? I have an australian version and I’m checking to see if I can utilize this component with it.

Did anyone get anywhere with resolving these errors?

Unable to find device ZZ9-UK-KK###### in Dyson account

12:21 PM components/dyson/init.py (WARNING)

I’ve so far called the Dyson ‘Help Line’ about 5 times over the space of four months…

They’re really not helpful, this last time they’ve said “Your account is setup correctly, the reason you are getting this message is because this ‘Home Assistant’ you say you have configured is blocked by our servers because it is not our app, Google Home or Amazon Alexa. We can not help you!”

:frowning:

My dyson wasn’t wifi compatible so I gave up

in my opinion this is bullshit.
They just understand nothing, i also called and contact them by mail without talking about home assistant, just saying i can’t see my device in YOUR website, and i can’t register it.
The answer was prerry the same “Your account is setup correctly”.

2 Likes

I’ve probably been blocked too. Randomly ever few weeks it somehow gets through and works. But I have a feeling Dyson is purposely blocking us. For the most part I use Alexa but it would be nice to integrate into automations

Hi,
I just purchase a Dyson HP04 and I ran into the same issue. here is my configuration.yaml file:

dyson: 
  username: xxx
  password: xx
  language: GB
  devices:
    - device_id: "ZZ4-US-KNA5108A"
      device_ip: 192.168.1.148

And according to the log:
2019-07-12 08:33:11 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up dyson
2019-07-12 08:33:11 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Creating new Dyson component
2019-07-12 08:33:12 DEBUG (SyncWorker_13) [libpurecool.dyson] Disabling insecure request warnings since dyson are using a self signed certificate.
2019-07-12 08:33:13 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Connected to Dyson account
2019-07-12 08:33:14 WARNING (SyncWorker_13) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Unable to find device ZZ4-US-KNA5108A in Dyson account
2019-07-12 08:33:18 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain dyson took 6.3 seconds.
2019-07-12 08:33:18 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=dyson>

Has anyone been sucessful setting up Dyson with Home Assistant ?

Thank you for your help!

Is anyone experiencing issues again with this component? Mine stopped working again three days ago. Getting the same timeout/connection error as previously mentioned.

Unable to connect to device NetworkDevice(name=Bedroom,address=192.xxx.xxx.xx,port=1883): [Errno 110] Connection timed out

Same problem here - HA is able to get device data from Dyson cloud, but it timeouts on connection:
2019-07-25 00:46:01 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Unable to connect to device NetworkDevice(name=Living room,address=10.4.1.215,port=1883): [Errno 110] Connection timed out
I’ve scanned it with nmap:

Nmap scan report for DYSON.lan (10.4.1.215)
Host is up (0.0037s latency).
All 65535 scanned ports on DYSON.lan (10.4.1.215) are filtered

It seems that you have to have proper firmware version.
I’ve just got update and with ECG2PF.02.05.002.0018 component is working fine.

PORT     STATE SERVICE
1883/tcp open  mqtt
2019-08-04 00:32:15 DEBUG (Thread-2) [homeassistant.components.dyson.fan] Message received for fan device Living room: DysonPureCoolV2State(fan_power=ON,front_direction=ON,auto_mode=ON,oscillation_status=ON,oscillation=ON,night_mode=OFF,continuous_monitoring=ON,fan_state=FAN,night_mode_speed=0004,speed=AUTO,carbon_filter_state=0098,hepa_filter_state=0098,sleep_timer=OFF,oscillation_angle_low=0135,oscillation_angle_high=0225)
2019-08-04 00:32:16 DEBUG (Thread-2) [homeassistant.components.dyson.air_quality] air_quality: Message received for Living room device: DysonEnvironmentalSensorV2State(temperature=299.4,humidity=40,particulate_matter_25=7,particulate_matter_10=4,volatile_organic_compounds=10,nitrogen_dioxide=3,p25r=8,p10r=8,sleep_timer=0)

Hello All,
I am having issues with this component also, device cannot be found. I have tried the following combinations;

• ‘devices:’ configuration added / not added
  • device turned on / off during hass reboot

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

configuration.yaml

dyson:
username: !secret dyson_username
password: !secret dyson_password
language: AU
timeout: 10
retry: 5
devices:
- device_id: XXX-AU-XXXXXXXX
device_ip: 192.168.1.XXX

home-assistant.log

2019-08-08 19:54:23 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Connected to Dyson account
2019-08-08 19:54:26 WARNING (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Unable to find device A1E-AU-MDA0100A in Dyson account

Hi All,
My issue with Dyson is bit different
Connection refused - not authorised
It’s weeks that I try to change language, configuration, reboot… but Dyson DysonPureCool integration never works.
The strange thing is that in log the device is recognised (firware versione and model), but the connection is refused

I use HASSIO ver. 0.97.0 (updated this morning)

This is my configuration.yaml

dyson:
  username: [email protected]
  password: clearTextPassword
  language: IT
  devices:
    - device_id: VS9-EU-XXXXXXXX
      device_ip: 192.168.XXX.XXX

fan:
  - platform: dyson

This is the log:

2019-08-08 11:44:40 INFO (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Creating new Dyson component
2019-08-08 11:44:41 INFO (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.dyson] **Connected to Dyson account**
2019-08-08 11:44:44 ERROR (Thread-2) [libpurecool.dyson_device] **Connection error: Connection refused - not authorised**
2019-08-08 11:44:44 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.dyson] Unable to connect to device DysonPureCool(serial=VS9-EU-XXXXXXXX,active=None,name=Salotto,version=ECG2PF.02.05.002.0018,auto_update=True,new_version_available=False,product_type=438,network_device=NetworkDevice(name=Salotto,address=192.168.XXX.XXX,port=1883))

Thanks everybody for your support
S.

Can anyone from Norway report any success in integrating their Dyson components registered in Dyson’s Norwegian web pages?
I have tried both language: NO and language: ‘NO’ (and in desperation also NB and NB-NO), but I consistently fail to connect to my Dyson account.
My credentials have been checked and rechecked, only the language variable remains.

@Ragnar_Bull-Nielsen I don’t know about your locale, I do know during my configuration, which I did right after setting up device it took maybe 30-60mins for my account to be connectable (my guess is some time to propogate through Dyson servers).

In saying that I, it seems there are some probles / limitations in their system. For example when I first created my account somehow the app set my location in the wrong country, and when I signed into the website it created me another account. So In summary I have 3 accounts;
US App Created
AU App Created
AU Website Created

Dyson can’t remove accounts apparently, but since my account now connects I’m not overly worries about it (but it did take some time). My issues now is my device cannot be found.

Update I have 2 devices one is working great the other “unable to find device xxx in Dyson account”

HP03: Working find
HP04: Not working

Anyone got any ideas?

in my opinion, the problem is @ Dyson side.
i’ve the same issue, but even in the dyson website, i can’t see my device.

@Vincent you maybe right, what I am seeing is;

1. When I spoke to Dyson on the website only devices you bought directly from Dyson will appear. Does not show devices you purchased through resellers, even if you register them to your account.
  2. The device that is working for me does not appear in my account.

I think there is either an account problem on Dyson side (from my quick chat with them it seems a non-sycnhronised mess). Or this is an integration issue on HA side. But seems many are having issues with devices not connecting.

Once connected it works great! But right now I have one that I can’t add automations and control to :frowning: