Dyson not connecting anymore

Just a note, you can also overwrite the dependency by running pip3 install libpurecool==0.6.3 or adding it to your global requirements.txt file

This is happening to me again, starting yesterday. I updated to 2021.2.3 just in case, but still broken. Anyone else?

Dyson is really been bad mojo for me lately. I had to get one replaced under warranty (good luck with Dyson support…terrible). Now this.

3 Likes

My dyson stopped working as well. Home Assistant logs the following (unable to login to Dyson account):

Logger: homeassistant.components.dyson
Source: components/dyson/init.py:60
Integration: dyson (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:05:14 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:05:14 PM

Not connected to Dyson account. Unable to add devices

2 Likes

I have the same issue…

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:138
First occurred: 17:07:12 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:07:12

Setup failed for dyson: Integration failed to initialize.

Integration: dyson (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 17:07:11 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:07:11

1 Like

dyson (HP04) intergration failed starting yesterday; HA updated to latest, any solutions.

Integration: Dyson
First occurred:
Last logged:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:138
First occurred:
Last logged:

Setup failed for dyson: Integration failed to initialize.

1 Like

Same here
I have cloned the current source to the custom_components, I am on the latest HA and the latest version of libpurecool (0.6.4)
I found the following bug report:

2 Likes

For those who think about downgrading HA, it won’t help.
The problem is again on Dyson side. Downgrading HA to 2021.1.5 (which used to work for me with Dyson previously) didn’t help - I’m seeing the exact same error.
The only way that HA update is related is that it forced a restart, and AFAIU the way dyson component is written, it only needs to contact Dyson on initialization to obtain credentials for local access.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me this morning after restarting the HA.
Then I’ve tried the approach mentioned here: https://github.com/etheralm/libpurecool/issues/37
It did work for me and seems to be a decent temp fix.
I guess I’ll just forget about restart HA for some time…

1 Like

Thank you sir, I applied the latest fix with this file, similar to before and my Dyson is back up and running.

1 Like

Thanks, this worked for me too.

Hello,

I am a Noob here with HA, can someone point me how yo make this update on my HA instante. I am running HA Supervisor.

Thanks in advanced

I use Docker, so it’s probably not the same. For Docker, I just save that file somewhere, then add a volume mapping of that file to /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/libpurecool/dyson.py. Then when the fix is officially in I remove the volume mapping.

But really what you need to do is replace or edit the file above wherever your HA core is running.

Is this the same method for fixing on a VM version of Hassio on a NUC

is this for an HassOS install of HA?

I am running a KVM (.qcow2) HassOS instance. Trying to figure out how I need to fix the dyson integration or if the method mentioned above works.

I have recently moved my HA into a Proxmox VM, so I am also trying to work out how to access the files to fix this problem

1 Like

Im also on Home Assistant OS & can’t sort my purecoollib issue out :frowning:

Follow the instructions here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/46400#issuecomment-778508999.
I’ve done that and it fixes the issue for me.

1 Like

On Home assistant OS I don’t have a python directory in /usr/local/lib/ so… cant follow the github resolution…

I just wanted to say thanks to @lolongan, although I am running HA inside Proxmox, the linked method still did work for me.