EAMPDW-TY-63 wifi chip replacement

Good day, Home Assistant community,

Some weeks ago I bought this complete power meter from Aliexpress:

Unfortunately, it came with a new tuya chip (CB3S) that at the moment is not possible to reprogram. it looks like the story ends here, no? NO.

I disassembled it and I found that the wifi chip footprint is totally compatible with the microcontroller ESP32-C3-12F. Then I picked up my old hot air soldering station and replaced it and I installed a minimal version of ESPHome.

Sorry I didn’t take any pictures of the process. but if I see a lot of people are interested in this power meter I’ll buy a new one and I’ll record the entire process

After plug-in and decoding all the datapoint I could access most of the parameters of the device as:
Power, Energy, Voltage, Current, Overcurrent protection, Overvoltage, Undervoltage, Maximum electric leakage, Power switch.

ESPHome YAML template:

If the project is getting interesting I’ll investigate how to add derivate measurements such as Active, Reactive, and Apparent power.

Thank you for your time reading the post :motorcycle:.

4 Likes

You may also be interested in this thread Unkown tuya chip

Indeed no. And the next time you probably don’t even need a soldering station anymore but can just make use of libretuya which (at this moment in time) has a working esphome port (in active development).

Or if one can wait the whole goodness will might end up in the official esphome:

WOUO, the project you linked looks great, this will solve a lot of the issues that carries a hardware replacement.

Thanks for posting

This device works well with OpenBeken - multiplatform Tasmota style firmware (keeps same syntax in many parts, works with ioBroker, etc):

Maybe someone explains, gave step-by-step instruction, how to connect eampdw-ty-63 to HA with access to most parameters. Now only switch work. I open link but not understand what I must to do…