Easee EV charging station

Correct me if I’m wrong but i don’t think that api is applicable as it is only between the car and the charging station.
This is between the charging station and the operator of it (in most cases for us the end user).

No thats for the charging station to the backend (or preferable your local HA installation).

That’s interesting. According to a pdf I found, they claim to be v1.6 compliant with their app api:

See page 6 here. I’m not to say if that’s true or not, but referring to a standard when designing the platform for HA would be great!Text

I had a quick read through v1.6 of OCPP and a lot of it seems to be for operators which sells charging.

In principle I’m pro aligning with a standard but if it means that we turn the integration into a behemoth then it is not good.

As home assistant is for personal use we should focus on those use cases.

Defintely! I didn’t read it yet, but I guess if there is a certain minimum functionality defined (?) it could give a basis for which functions should be available in the HA platform (if we are able to get one) so that we could have some similarities between all charger types in HA (similar to what is done with media_player).

Couldn’t see a minimum unfortunately.
Also keep in mind that this can take a while to align and my belief is that we should go with a PR to HA as soon as possible followed by a discussion about a new platform.

Yes, for sure! 100% agree. Was more thinking ahead for the possible platform.

Just to share: I also see that both OCPP support is requested and is under review:

As is local API and as far as I see the most voted feature.

So for everyone interested go to easee.upvoty.com, create a user and vote! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Posting here since it seems a lot of EV people reading.
Anyone here has built any automation that automatically gets the lowest price houre or interval to charge the car during this period.

I use https://github.com/custom-components/nordpool to fetch current, history and upcoming prices. And to control the charger or the car Easse or car integration.

However I am struggling how to build the automations of them together.

The Nordpool component just lists the prices, and yes there are people that break it down with templates to separate values. But I am getting stuck on how to build the logic rather than what I want to do. So posting here if someone built something similar already.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but thought it would be the best way to get intouch with EV/Home assistant users

2 Likes

Hi,

I started testing this integration today, and so far it looks very promising. Thank you @fondberg and the rest of the developers! :slight_smile:

I did notice some (in my opinion) strange behavior from the “cableLocked” sensor (or actually switch), switch.easee_charger_ehXXXXXX_cablelocked, and I was just wondering if this is by design or a bug:

• If a car is connected to the charger, and the “permanent lock” is enabled, the “cablelocked” switch is “on”.
  • I go ahead and turn the “cablelocked” switch to “off” in Home Assistant.
  • This disables the “permanent lock” option as I can verify this in the Easee app and web page.
  • However the “cablelocked” switch will jump back to “on” in Home assistant. (Probably because the cable is still in fact locked as there is a car connected).
  • I can not re-enable the “permanent lock” from Home Assistant, as the switch is already “on”.
  • This means there is an inconsistency between what the switch displays (state.cableLocked?), and what the switch actually does when switched (state.lockCablePermanently?).

(Sidenote: If a car is not connected to the charger, the switch will function more as expected, as the state.lockCablePermanently and state.cableLocked will be the same state (both true or both false), however there is a delay where the switch goes back to the previous state for a while before it updates).

In my opinion this is not logical behavior from a switch, and my suggestion is to divide this in 2 parts:

1. A switch which relates only to the “permanent lock” so this function can be easily switched on/off (both manually and in automations).
  2. A sensor for showing if the cable is locked or not (this is basically what the switch shows as it is now, however this should not be a switch as you cannot control this anyway. You can only control if the cable is permanently locked or not)

EDIT: Opened issue #32 for this in GitHub: https://github.com/fondberg/easee_hass/issues/32

I was not able to install it. Added it with hacs and it was listed in the integrations section in hacs. Then I added easee: to configuration.yaml and restarted.

But it is not listed under configuration/integrations in HA. And there in no error messages regarding easee, either.

Did you click on the + on integrations page and add it there as well? If you do, you’ll be asked for login and then you can choose which sensors to add.

In my experience you do not need to add easee: to configuration.yaml (or anything else).
Just go to configuration -> integrations, click the plus sign and add it.
If it’s not in the list, refresh (F5) the integrations page in your browser.

Hi, I have used the Easee integration for a few weeks now and it works great. Kudos to Niklas and the community. My question: Can I set the charger in Pause mode, something I would like to do when electricity is expensive (from Nordpool integration)? I have set Activated to false and that works, but I would rather set the charger in Pause like what can be made in the Easee App. I would have expected to do this via an automation but can not find the syntax or command for it.
BR
Martin

1 Like

Think u can either call the service easee.pause and then easee.resume to restart? Another way should be to set one of the current limits to less than 6A which in practice will pause the charger, and then it may be started again by increasing the current limit.

A script like easee.pause would be what I was after. Where can I find documentation about available scripts and syntax?

You can find info on scripts here, but don’t think there is any need for scripts if I understand what you want correctly. Why not add a simple automation calling the pause-service or current limit to zero when price is above a threshold?

Guessing this is something you would want as action:

EDIT: it should be charger_id and not just id as I put in the image.

Thank you so much. I prefer coding automations in yaml so I ended up with (if anybody else have the same question):
action:
service: easee.pause
data:
charger_id: EH123456

1 Like

Glad it worked out! As a side note, the “smart charging” feature of the charger is supposed to do exactly what you are doing automatically. I’m not 100% sure how it works, but when enabled the leds on the charger are blue as an indication. It is supposed to work with grid operators such as Tibber and others, and one can also select Easee as an operator, but I haven’t really tried it in practice.

I have started on a chargebot for easee using appdaemon.

Ill add this to hacs when im done.

1 Like